cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Website Is Parked?

Can someone help me out? I recently got a new hosting account and choosed one of my active domain on my other hosting account as the main domain for the new hosting account. After that my domain is parked. I installed wordpress on that domain and it is still parked.. how to fix this? I called support but the guy is rude like I owe him something?  so I hanged up. Hope someone here can help instead? Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with support @ash33. I find GoDaddy support to be both responsive and helpful but occasionally I have also had a representative with a style that was not compatible with my own. I'd first advise you to call back, please don't give up on support because of this one communication. 

To your issue, it sounds like your domain is just in a state of flux? Typically when switching domains you can anticipate that there will be some transition time (not usually more than 48 to 72 hours). You mentioned that you installed WordPress, do you mean configured or did you just unzip it to your hosting? 

When dealing with this kind of switch I will usually open the domain in a private browsing session. A new private session will essentially force a check for new information without emptying your cache. Try that and see if that allows you to see the newly pointed hosting. I hope that helps? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

Hey @rd thanks for helping out.  It's been more than few months now lol... I finally have time to look into this.  I installed wordpress using installatron.  I tried opening the domain using incognito mode.. no luck.. still brings me to Parking page. 

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II

Sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with support @ash33. I find GoDaddy support to be both responsive and helpful but occasionally I have also had a representative with a style that was not compatible with my own. I'd first advise you to call back, please don't give up on support because of this one communication. 

To your issue, it sounds like your domain is just in a state of flux? Typically when switching domains you can anticipate that there will be some transition time (not usually more than 48 to 72 hours). You mentioned that you installed WordPress, do you mean configured or did you just unzip it to your hosting? 

When dealing with this kind of switch I will usually open the domain in a private browsing session. A new private session will essentially force a check for new information without emptying your cache. Try that and see if that allows you to see the newly pointed hosting. I hope that helps? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

Hey @rd thanks for helping out.  It's been more than few months now lol... I finally have time to look into this.  I installed wordpress using installatron.  I tried opening the domain using incognito mode.. no luck.. still brings me to Parking page. 

Aaaa found the problem... the domain is not pointed to the new hosting....sigh.. lol

Super User II

Great that got your issue sorted @ash33. Can you please share where you ended so that others with this issue can start or check there first? Thanks.