cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

What does 'Max queries per month' mean in Premium DNS

I saw it in https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/premium-dns

My customers could only query DNS for 5,000,000 times per month ? 

It's too limited !!!

10 REPLIES 10

What does 'Max queries per month' mean in Premium DNS

[Duplicate content removed]

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What does 'Max queries per month' mean in Premium DNS

Hi @narychen,

Then an option (if you are not a Wordpress user) would be to run your own dedicated server, Apple sell some excellent servers, OR if you run a Mac with a good few terabytes, all solid state RAM, a STATIC IP and permission from your ISP ( guess who has all this? Smiley Happy) you can use the excellent Apple OS Server and host anything you like.................Heart

Thank you for reply.

But maybe you mis-understanding what I mentioned here.

I'm not talking about web hosting. I'm talking about DNS resolve and query.

The page of Premium DNS says that you could only use godaddy to parse and resolve the DNS query for 5 million times a month.  My question is if I reach this limit what will happen? How can I avoid this limit ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @narychen,

I guess not many folk get 5,000,000 hits a month otherwise there would be just as many complaints because when you do hit the 5,000,000 mark Barry Manilow starts playing at full volume 'Cococabana' and lockdowns your site until you pay for a VPS!!

Thankfully this rarely happens.........

Hi @narychen,
A DNS query is the process of a computer or networking device making an inquiry to get an IP address for a DNS name. The client computer will send a DNS query to one of their internet service provider's DNS servers. If you view how many queries other providers provide, we offer more than most. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

You mean as long as I pay for a VPS even if it is the cheapest ,  then there will be no limit on the DNS query  numbers ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @narychen,

As always, read the small print. Remember that a VPS stands for Virtual Private Server, not REAL private server. The best folk to ask are support before you go spending more hard earned money. They will be able to advise you best when you outlay what EXACTLY you need.

New

What happens if you exceed the premium DNS limit?  

New

Anyone knows what happens if you ever get more than 5M queries/mo? What is the limit for the free DNS?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @mathie. The limit for free DNS is 1,000,000 queries per month. For either tier, if the customer has gone over this, we generally reach out via email. We have the option charge for the overages or to suspend DNS if the issue is causing problems for other users. However, as far as I know, we've never had to do that. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.