cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

don't understand the difference between auction and premium

if premium doesn't cost me extra money, why would i *not* list something under premium ? Commission seems the same? But premium only allows buy now i think, no auction?

The interface seems a bit convoluted.

I also tried to add my domain to the premium under buy/sell but i get the message: could not add your domain ? don't understand what's going on here. Do i need to transfer or park the domain at godaddy first? It didn't say anything about that?

Is it because i just removed it from the auction and need to wait for a bit?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: don't understand the difference between auction and premium

Premium does not necessarily mean better than an auction, these are just different options you can choose for selling the domain.  Premium listings have a set price and generally get transferred to the buyer quicker, as they show up among available domains in the regular domain search.  So sometimes that would be better, depending on the domain, and sometimes a traditional auction would be better.

New

Thanks Nate.So why are there 2 options to list premium? One under domains and one under auction.

Is it the same?

I listed 2 domains premium but they don’t seem to show up yet. Does it take some time?
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Yes, it's the same service.  Premium domains take a couple days to be manually approved for quality standards (for example no adult-themed domains).