cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Block an email address with a free email forwarding account

Hi,

I have set up a 'free email forwarding with domain' email which has worked great but for the past month I have received daily spam emails from the same email address and would like to block it.  However, the only help articles I can find tell me to "Go to your Workspace Webmail account".  I don't seem to be able to do this, and presume it is because I only have 'free forwarding' and not an actual email account.

So how can I block this sender?  Or has this one person effectively rendered this function useless for me now?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Advocate VI Advocate VI
Advocate VI
Solution

Re: Block an email address with a free email forwarding account

@nicp,

How are you reading your email after it's forwarded? Outlook? Gmail? MacMail? Some other email app? There may be a way to block it when it gets to your email system, such that it automatically goes into spam or junk.

New

I am reading in in gmail.  The problem is that the email is forwarded to the gmail account from "xxxx@gmail.com (no-reply@weebly.com)" where xxx@gmail.com is the email address I want to block and no-reply@weebly.com is the forwarding address of my site.  I have set up a rule to block this sender which is working and sending all the emails to the bin, but I was worried that all other enquiries would be similarly deleted.  However it seems that Googlemail is able to block the sender xxxx@gmail.com despite the fact that the email is actually send from no-reply@weebly.com, so this has worked while an enquiry I sent from the website contact form using my email address was not blocked so I seem to have a solution.
Thanks!  

I'd like to know how to do this, too.  I read in Outlook, and I block every spam email that comes in, but no change.  I thought if I changed the email forward that I'd get rid of the problem, no luck.  It's not just once a day, it's multiple times a day, about once an hour, from the same email, jfvynms4281rt@hotmail.com.  Any ideas appreciated!

i am getting unwanted email in my inbox

Hi guys,

i am getting unwanted email from different different fake domains, regarding the same i called go daddy support to get it fixed but no luck, in fact there avoiding my call. can you help here.

Thanks

Arvind Chormalle

Helper VI Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: i am getting unwanted email in my inbox

Do you have a cPanel?
~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com

I'm getting spam on one of my email address and want to have those emails forwarded to the "trash" or blocked. I don't want to turn off my Catch All setting on this email domain. How can I do this?