cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Cannot send email with Office 365 SMTP

Hi,

I have Office 365 from GoDaddy and I'm using it to send emails from a website.  I have been getting the following error: Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM [YQBPR0101CA0069.CANPRD01.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM] or a timeout.

Anyone can help?  Is this type of email account allowed to send emails from a marketing service using SMTP??

The configuration is:
SMTP Secure: TLS
SMTP host: smtp.office365.com
SMTP port: 587
SMTP Auth: enabled

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Cannot send email with Office 365 SMTP

This must be one of the most common FAQ questions on GoDaddy - what is the correct way to send SMTP email from PHP and/or WordPress?

Is there a solution to this? 

I have a WP Managed website with Go Daddy hosting. 365 email and unable to receive emails from the WordPress and Woocommerce via SMTP.  HELP! 

I'm fairly certain that GoDaddy makes you purchase o365 from them directly if you want to use smtp.  We are a Microsoft CSP and that is just simply not an option for us.  Just GoDaddy doin GoDaddy things I guess...

New

Did you solve this problem?

Solution

Hi, Here's an article from Microsoft that may help you resolve this issue - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/non-delivery-reports-in-exchange-...

It refers to you error

5.7.1Client was not authenticatedThe sending email system did not authenticate with the receiving email system. The receiving email system requires authentication before message submission.