cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Creating inbox subfolder for each alias

I have several alias for my website but want to create sub folders in inbox for each alias when an email comes in from that alias.  How do I make that alias go directly to that inbox sub folder so every thing isn't all jumbled up in on inbox?

I know it sounds crazy but not everyone fills out the subject line or everything that is requested on the contact form on websites and spend so much time trying to decipher which email goes where.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Creating inbox subfolder for each alias

Hello @kjgentil ,

Examples of two of my aliases that get sent to my main email (main@example.com), that gets routed to its own subfolder in my main inbox. 

alias-examples-folders.PNG

So in the above examples, I have those alias being sent to my main@example.com and when they arrive in that inbox, there is an inbox rule in place to move those messages automatically to a sub-folder(s) in my main@example.com inbox that I've created for those alias email addresses. 

Check out Microsoft article for more information about managing email messages by using inbox rules. 

Hopefully, that helps with understanding better. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

Hello @kjgentil ,

Sounds like you are just needing to set up mail rules in your email client. To say emails from this alias go to this folder location within the email client. What email client are you using?

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
Highlighted

Re: Creating inbox subfolder for each alias/?isc=gdcommment

What folder location? Don’t fully understand your reply. I am using outlook. Have one user profile for my site. But created several alias that I want to group together within that inbox

Sent from my iPhone
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Hello @kjgentil ,

Examples of two of my aliases that get sent to my main email (main@example.com), that gets routed to its own subfolder in my main inbox. 

alias-examples-folders.PNG

So in the above examples, I have those alias being sent to my main@example.com and when they arrive in that inbox, there is an inbox rule in place to move those messages automatically to a sub-folder(s) in my main@example.com inbox that I've created for those alias email addresses. 

Check out Microsoft article for more information about managing email messages by using inbox rules. 

Hopefully, that helps with understanding better. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

View solution in original post