cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Emails disappearing - Please help

I have a draft email for a client that I have been working on for some time and REGULARLY saving. This morning the job that I was working on for the client was finally complete. I proofread the email to make sure all instructions etc were included. All good. I then went to attach the invoice and the whole email disappeared! Just vanished.

I tried on different platforms and on my phone but kept getting the following notification:

The requested message could not be found. It may have been recalled by the sender, moved, or deleted.

Seriously what the hell. I saved this email about a million times it's gotta be there somewhere. I really don't want to have to start from scratch can anyone help. Please Please Please?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Emails disappearing - Please help

@Elysian_au

Are you on Outlook by chance?   Apparently this is a frustrating sporadic issue that Microsoft offers only three options for:

1. Try recovering deleted emails.

2. Using their "inbox repair tool"

3. Use advanced search to see if it inadvertently moved to another folder.

Other users are noting the same situation as you.... Smiley Sad

Judith
"If you think you dare not, you don’t.." ~ Napoleon Hill

Highlighted
New

Good Morning,

Today I cannot open any email and, whatever email I click, I receive the following pop-up message:

"The requested message could not be found. It may have been recalled by the sender, moved, or deleted."

This is a huge problem as it means I cannot access any of my emails and therefore work at all.

I have tried with both Chrome, which I normally use, and Mozilla. I do not use Outlook.

Please help asap!!!

Highlighted
New

Go to your webmail, right click on the inbox, select auto purge, and change it to never.