cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Free Forwarding Email - Set up with Outlook/hotmail issue

Hi everyone, I am having problems with setting up my free forwarding email account for go daddy to my outlook/hotmail address. Can anyone on here provide some instructions for a low-tech savvy person please? Basically, when I sent an email from my partners hotmail account to my domain email address I created on go daddy, the email comes back with undelivered because the server settings aren't set up. see below. Appreciate any help. Thank you 🙂 

For Email Admins
The sender's message was routed to an email server outside Office 365 but that email server returned the error below. It's likely that the email server that reported error isn't set up correctly to receive and relay messages sent from the sender's domain. The server is not an Office 365 server - it will usually be one of your on-premises servers in a hybrid environment, a smart host email service that you're trying to route messages through, or possibly even an email hosting service you used in the past yet still have mail flow settings pointing to (e.g. your MX record at your domain registrar still points to your previous email service provider).

To fix this, check the server name to determine what domain, service, or server is reporting the error. The email server needs to be configured to either accept messages from anonymous users or to include the sending domain or sending IP address in its list of authenticated senders. On an Exchange server, you can set this up in the server's receive connector. If it's a smart host managed by another service or partner, contact the service or partner to configure their servers to accept and relay messages from your senders. Also, work with your domain registrar to make sure your MX records are properly configured.

Since the problem is likely due to misconfigured settings on an email server outside Office 365, unfortunately Office 365 support won't be able to help fix this issue.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Free Forwarding Email - Set up with Outlook/hotmail issue

@B-NewZealand 

This sounds like a MX record issue - Can you provide us the domain name so we can see what the DNS records are

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@gorgemagazines.co.nz  is the domain name. Is the what you are after? Thanks for helping!! 🙂

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@B-NewZealand 

So I just lookup your domain and saw there are no MX (Mail) records

Here are the default records you need to add to your domain in the Domain Control center and then you should be good to go

MX (Mail Exchanger)Priority Host Points To TTL

10	@	mailstore1.secureserver.net	1 Hour
1	@	smtp.secureserver.net	1 Hour

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you so much. I have now resolved it and am receiving the forwarded emails. Really appreciate your help!!