cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to migrate email to godaddy from diffrent provider

I would like to know what are the procedural steps I need to do to migrate emails to godaddy from different provider. I can go personally to my current provider to get the back-up files and from there what do I do next?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: How to migrate email to godaddy from diffrent provider

Hi, @Shoutbux. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It sounds like you wish to move email messages from one server to another. That is usually pretty tricky to do. I would suggest downloading the messages from your current provider using a mail client and then just keeping them on your computer or other backup solution. For our Workspace Email and Office 365 email accounts, there isn't a way to import POP/IMAP email. If you're moving from an Exchange server, you'd want to get a copy of the PST file, though you would likely already have that on your computer if you had that service. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@JesseW wrote:

For our Workspace Email and Office 365 email accounts, there isn't a way to import POP/IMAP email. If you're moving from an Exchange server, you'd want to get a copy of the PST file, though you would likely already have that on your computer if you had that service. Hope that helps. 

Hi @JesseW , can you let me know how I can migrate emails from another IMAP to Godaddy in that case? Surely there has to be a way to do it, I do not want to be stuck with my existing mail server provider lifelong! 🙂

Hi @_nachiketh, thanks for posting.

As @JesseW explained, there is not a direct way to transfer or migrate IMAP email accounts. You would need to back up or save any emails you would like to keep, and then setup the email address as a new email address.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

This is simply amazing!  I'm shocked that godaddy doesn't offer an e-mail migration tool. 

How in the world do you ever expect people to use you as an e-mail service provider?  Start with a new e-mail address?  Right!