cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Connection refused (111)

Hello,

I need your help regarding PHP Form hosted in godaddy linux web server which uses Office 365 to send Email. My form works perfectly in local  (xampp) with Office 365 , so I am able to send email from my website using the form to outlook inbox. However in godaddy, things are differents, I have configured mx record to deliver messages to Office 365 correctly. But I noticed that I am unable to reach Outlook Inbox and I got this error :

SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Connection refused (111) 

I think godaddy admin has to open port 587 so that I can send messages. Any thoughts ?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Connection refused (111)

Hi @customerofgdy, thanks for posting.

If your site is hosted on our hosting services, you cannot send email through Office 365 accounts or any other email service. Any emails must be sent directly from the hosting server.

PHP's mail() function to send emails, without needing to specify an outgoing server.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

HI

i setup my email on OUTLOOK and it was working ok until yesterday , the emails is not sending and given me the errorr

please help .Untitled-5.jpg

Your mail server is very slow. When you don't allow users to use better mail servers then at least you should offer a very good mail server to them! I tried to use Google G Suite but I faced the same Error and if you don't let me to use other email servers, I think I have to move to another host because my customers are not happy with your bad mail server.