cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Sent folder stays empty

Hi, I'm using the web-based mail and I'm capable of sending and receiving e-mails. However, none of the sent e-mails are showing up in the sent folder, it just stays empty. The e-mails are being delivered but I just don't have a record of it (using the sent folder).

This problem has been going for a quite some time.

8 REPLIES 8
Solution

Re: Sent folder stays empty

I figured it out. There is an option that needs to be enabled to save the sent e-mail in the folder. Go to Setting > Composing > Copy Email Messages to Sent Items When Sending Mail > *Always

Greetings @gunhackx ,

Perhaps we can help. I suspect the archive is purging them before you have a chance to see them.

You'll want to review your settings. To check the auto-purge setting, open your Workspace® Email and right-click on "Sent Items" to see the options pull down. You'll be able to set it on or off in that area.

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Great @gunhackx ! ,

Looks like I was on the right track, but in the wrong setting.

Thanks for getting back to us so everyone can benefit.

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

New

I have followed the suggestions for correcting the issue of sent emails not being saved.  Auto Purge is not checked and Save to Sent Folder is checked. So, I am still at a loss as to why sent emails are not being saved. When I went to Settings there was no Compose option.  Right clicking on Sent -> Composing is where I checked all the options. "Copy Email Messages to Sent Items When Sending Mail:" is checked.

Here are the Compose Options:

Use Pop-up Compose: Checked
Use HTML Compose: Checked
Always Spell Check Before Send: Checked
Default Message Font: 
Put People I Reply to in My Address Book: Checked
Unsaved Draft Protection:Full Basic Off  Set to Full
Automatically Save Draft:Never Every 2 Minutes Every 5 Minutes Every 10 Minutes  Set to 2 minutes
Copy Email Messages to Sent Items When Sending Mail:          Always          Prompt Me          Never

Set to Always      

Include Reply by default when Sending and Filing: Checked
Save a copy of message in Sent Items when Sending & Filing: Checked
URL Linking on Send: Checked
New

I have followed all the instructions given only to find that my settings were already as suggested above. However, none of the 3 email accounts I have are keeping copies of sent emails even though they are seemingly set up to do so.

What else can I do?

I don't have this menu option? Can someone tell me where the setting is so that my sent emails are saved in the sent folder? My end user states "this has NEVER happened before" which I find hard to believe.

Did you ever get this resolved?

Hello,

My sent folder continues to not only show "empty" but is selective of the few that are actually there! many of my sent emails do not show up and i cannot recall them!