cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Unable to add CNAME for Office 365 DKIM

I am trying to enable DKIM for 1 domain, and The Office 365 admin  portal advises I add 2 CNAME records before I can continue.

When I try to add the CNAME records, 

selector1-domainname-tech._domainkey.o365tenantname.onmicrosoft.com

selector2-domainname-tech._domainkey.o365tenantname.onmicrosoft.com

(Values changed for privacy)

It says record already exists, but I'm not seeing it, nor have I added it yet.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Unable to add CNAME for Office 365 DKIM

DKIM values should be added as TXT records, not CNAME.

Wikipedia explains a bit more about how the process works: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DomainKeys_Identified_Mail#Overview

Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

New

Microsoft uses CNAMEs not TXT records. Not sure why the conflict but for O365, it must be a CNAME

So it seems that this has still not been rectified. Has anyone managed to get this right?

Microsoft makes use of CNAME records as explained in https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt695945(v=exchg.150).aspx#SetUpDKIMO365

It seems that I can create both a CNAME and TXT record with selector1, but not selector1._domainkey as the host name.

It seems that even thought the GoDaddy support says the the . is supported beween words, but not at the beginning or end, but it looks like it doesn't like it anywhere.

Has anyone figured out how to get DKIM to work with Office 365?

@jobshopr wrote:

It seems that I can create both a CNAME and TXT record with selector1, but not selector1._domainkey as the host name.

It seems that even thought the GoDaddy support says the the . is supported beween words, but not at the beginning or end, but it looks like it doesn't like it anywhere.

Has anyone figured out how to get DKIM to work with Office 365?

THIS. This is still the case. Does anyone have a solution for this?

New

Solution

It appears to work if you don't add your domain after the "selector#._domainkey" (even though Microsoft tells you to).

I entered the following for CNAME Host and I was able to enable DKIM and validate it works:

selector1._domainkey

selector2._domainkey