cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to the remote server

Hi,
I'm trying to send an email from my website hosted here. Sometimes is working (yesterday one email) and sometimes not (today not at all). In Email Setup Center I found Email Server Settings SMTP host: smtpout.europe.secureserver.net and ports 80, 3535, 25, 465 (SSL) so in my code I'm using next SMTP client:
var client = new SmtpClient()
{
EnableSsl = false,
UseDefaultCredentials = false,
Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("email", "password"),
DeliveryMethod = SmtpDeliveryMethod.Network,
Host= "smtpout.europe.secureserver.net",
Port = 25
};
Problem is that I'm receiving a next error all the time and I do not know what to do any more:
Unable to connect to the remote server
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 188.121.53.3:25

I need a help with this, maybe somebody has solution?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Unable to connect to the remote server

Hello @sivan347, if you're trying to send mail through a shared hosting account, you will not be able to use an SMTP server from the website.  You will need to use our hosting relay server to send messages.  Take a look at these instructions for more information about using the relay server with shared hosting: https://uk.godaddy.com/help/what-is-the-name-of-my-hosting-accounts-relay-server-953.  

MPC

Re: Unable to connect to the remote server

Hi @MPC

What about trying to send to SMTP.office365.com?

This email service comes with the windows hosting plans!

Can you confirm please?