cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: email is not working buisness is suffering

That's one of my biggest issues with them: Chat Busy or Disabled. Now when you call the voicemail says we are aware of the issue with the email, but no further information!

New

Re: Email down

My email has been down for hours has anyone heard when the issue will be resolved and if the emails will be restored?

Re: GoDady! MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT RE: EMAIL PROBLEM

2 weeks ago I lost power and internet for three full business days due to Irma. Now this and GoDaddy doesn't even have the balls to tell their business customers what the heck is going on. I HAVE A BUSINESS TO RUN! Stop worrying about loss of potential customers and start worrying about the loss of your existing ones!!!!

Re: Email delayed or not delivered at all

Same here

New

No email all day or for the past 2 days.  This really is unacceptable.

Re: TODAY'S UPDATE which took forever

I'm having the same issue with my email. My employees are not having the issue with theirs though. The 55 minute wait to speak with someone is ridiculous!

From what I'm reading at Down Detector, GoDaddy is blaming this on their own Workspace Email System and saying people need to switch over to the more expensive Microsoft Office 365 system.

Is everyone here that still has problems using Workspace Email?

I tried to log on to the GoDaddy Website so I could see how much more this is going to cost, but whatever got hacked at GoDaddy has also broken the ability to log onto your own GoDaddy master account. 

The system just says "Invalid Domain" when we try to log in.

Just got off the phone with GoDaddy... Only took an hour on hold! They said that they do not know when the issue will be resolved, just that they are working on it and it is their top priority right now. 

Wow.  Been out all day.  Two domains; both used for my consulting business.  NOT a very professional representation.  I already have MS 365 for Office, etc. (all through MS directly) and if we have to go that way, we don't need GoDaddy to do it.  MS can host it or any number of other places.  Plus GoDaddy has become expensive over the years.  Time to look elsewhere.

Down for 12 hours...unacceptable...I will be moving.

PS for anyone new to GoDaddy, this happens about once every 6 months or so but never this long before.  I was willing to overlook it but not now; this is costing me business or at least making me look really bad.

I hope it is their top priority.  I haven't received email all day, and don't know what my clients are panicking about (since I can't receive the emails they send to me).  This is unacceptable. 

PS  I called twice in the last hour and "wait time" is more than 60 minutes.  You'd think a tech company could at least post a better explanation.  Pretty poor.   Someone(s) should be losing their jobs over something like this.

New

I can't believe there is no alert system and no ETA for the issue or whether our emails will ever hit our inboxes. All their website says is they know there is a problem - very reassuring.  I think I'm bailing altogether out of GoDaddy. Liked them, been a client for many years, but I'm running a business, paying for premium services and the combination of losing email plus the total lack of communication is not acceptable. 

Re: Email Delayed

Since this issue seems to be nationwide - at just about any time of the day or night, I suggest you guys at unGoDaddy find the log jam and fix it.

Meanwhile, I'll find my clients a new server.

... and by the way, thanks for hiking prices over the past 5 years as your 'successful' business gets too big for your raid drives.

Unacceptable customer service on a lot of levels. Very unfortunate and disappointing from GoDaddy. Leaving so many customers hanging. It’s one thing to have problems, but 0 useful communication leaves us in the dark. Does anyone have experience with GoDaddy alternatives, for both email and domain host? I can easily google this but am looking form some feedback that anyone may have on a solid alternative.

Thanks.

So even the "chat" box says busy.... so what?.. everyone in the Philippines is occupied?  What about India?  Certainly all the US based customer service people are asleep by now.

Just great....

Their handling of the issue as far as communications back to their customers is sophomoric and inexcusable.  I have been with them for more than 15 years and I am considering moving all my accounts (customers included) to another provider.  The fact that they are taking this long to recover says they have an inadequate disaster recovery/business continuation plan.  

I don't know for sure.  I can tell you that about 2 years ago I started using MS 365 licensing for my Office stuff and it has been great.  Reasonable price, constant updates, latest version, etc. I also know one of the companies I work with uses 365 for their email hosting.  I do not know the cost so I am not sure if we're just getting what we pay for at GoDaddy or if MS 365 would be competitive.  I do know it is not too bad and it is where I will be looking later this week.

We are having the same problem. Emails are  not coming in until HOURS later. We have very upset customers that have not been able to get us vital information for the day. What is the problem and when is it going to be resolved? Is there anything we can do to get this taken care of right away? I tried calling the help line and there was a 66 minute wait. I don't have the time for this. 

agree with MarMar.  Totally unacceptable.  I get that things happen but if they cannot give us a heads up that there is a problem, nor communicate any better than this about solution or time line for solution.  Even if you don't have a solution communicate to keep your customer updated.  UNLESS you are taking your customers for granted.

It is possibly time to find another provider.  

its a sad day.

Me neither :o( What's happening?

Amazing how this forum function seems to work OK.  I know it is not the same thing but just sayin...

New

I have the same problem every once a while. It has been a problem today. Some emails have come through into my inbox but several emails I was expected never arrived today (at least one of the the sender received a bounce notification after 6-7 hours of trying). Please advise and help godaddy. Thank you, Shaun

9 hours with out emails and 47 min to hold......service is going to drive me away. faster than you answer me. GOODBY

New

Email Delayed

Using GoDaddy for business email is very problematic.

If I was to offer any advice to potential customers about

Godaddy's email service. It would be stay away.

I have no idea how much business I lost becuse

of the poor email hosting they provide. 

Someone's head should roll due to this.

I am sure nothing will change except

me finding another provider.

Thanks GoDaddy team!

Same Here!!! I run a business and this is ridiculous! 

Maybe it's the Russians.  

I've used GoDaddy for maybe 10 years or more.  This happens periodically with no apology or any explanation from them.  This is the worst one so far so I think it really is time to move to someone else.  Not sure who yet.

We have not received a single email all day, support chat online is "busy" and after two attempts to call the help line I was advised there would be a 48 minute wait before I would be able to speak to someone... Our business is also very unimpressed.

New

It is impossible to get an answer about when the issue will be resolved. The recorded message states they are aware of the outage, but offers no solution to the problem, and the wait time to speak to a representative is over an hour.  At the very least they could provide an explanation for the outage and when they expect to have it corrected.  Horrible customer service.

No incoming e-mail most of the day.  Saw a small burst of a few e-mails, and now it is back to no e-mail.  

As soon as our contract is up we are moving to square space and using Gmail for our email service. I would recommend them both, way better than GoDaddy... not the same company it once was. 

Re: Problems with email forward accounts

The same problem here!

My forward setup was working fine since yesterday but now they just decided to stop working. Any solution???

Try to chat with the support is something like impossible X(

New

I usually would not have time to post to any boards, but since I have waited most of the day for Email that never comes. I have some extra time on my hands tonight and am getting more feed up as the night goes on.

New

Still, our outgoing and incoming emails are not working either.

On hold for over an hour now! 

New

Agree this is unacceptable not to notify customers of status. I have 2 email accounts that I use for business only and have missed many important emails all day that are time sensitive. I am worried that we will not be able to get the emails that we missed today once the problem is resolved.

Considering moving my business elsewhere after this.

New

We have had the same problem all day today with all our accounts on this GoDaddy hosted domain. We can send, but have not received anything for at least 12 hours. This has happened several time before with GoDaddy, but never this long. We will definitely be looking for another hosting option as soon as possible.

Same I'm guessing that the servers are down for now. This is extremely frustrating that we pay for this service and it doesn't work.

mollycat  said : 
PS  I called twice in the last hour and "wait time" is more than 60 minutes.  You'd think a tech company could at least post a better explanation.  Pretty poor.   Someone(s) should be losing their jobs over something like this.

Don't bother trying to use GoDaddy's "Call-Back" feature.

I called and when I finally got their number to ring, it said the hold time was 45 minutes and offered to call me back - so I select Yes.

45 minutes later I get a recorded voice call telling me an operator is now ready to speak with after a "Short Wait" to transfer my call.

55 minutes after waiting for the "Short Wait" to end, I gave up and hung up. 

After 10+ years of GoDaddy, this disaster will be the end of all of my accounts here.
If they had only posted up something here to explain and apologize....   

Re: Email Not Sending

at 7PM PST still no email. 1 email I sent to my gmail account this morning [7:30AM] did get through about lunch time.  the system status just says "We are aware of a problem and are working on it..."

I'm loosing business.  😞

New

Agree with all sentiments - it is an embarrassment that GoDaddy hasn't sent out a mass communication to the primary email of all accounts that there is a complete outage.   We had to figure it out the hard way after getting multiple complaints from our customers that we are not responding to urgent matters. 

Absolutely 100% ridiculous, horrible mismanagement, and an absolute disgrace that GoDaddy has not taken any initiative to notify their customers of such an extremely volatile problem.   We don't care if they don't know exactly when it will be fixed - we just wanted to know about it when GoDaddy discovered the issue so we could have taken appropriate measures.

We will be immediately looking for another provider - not because of the problem itself, but because of the lack of common sense of the GoDaddy team to not notify their customers immediately upon detection of this issue so they could take action.  Disgraceful.

Is the email down?  None of my business accounts have received email for over 18 hours. 

New

GoDaddy email forwarding down, disgraceful response

It is an embarrassment that GoDaddy hasn't sent out a mass communication to the primary email of all accounts that there is a complete outage. We had to figure it out the hard way after getting multiple complaints from our customers that we are not responding to urgent matters. Absolutely 100% ridiculous, horrible mismanagement, and an absolute disgrace that GoDaddy has not taken any initiative to notify their customers of such an extremely volatile problem.

We don't care if they don't know exactly when it will be fixed - we just wanted to know about it when GoDaddy discovered the issue so we could have taken appropriate measures. We will be immediately looking for another provider - not because of the problem itself, but because of the lack of common sense of the GoDaddy team to not notify their customers immediately upon detection of this incredibly urgent issue so they could take action.  Disgraceful.   I hope this gets picked up by the media so that changes can be made internally to the team at GoDaddy who don't have the basic business sense to notify their customers en masse of such an issue.

waited 72 min.. finally got a human... The servers are down and they don't have an ETA of when it will be fixed! Seriously no help at all. 

Well godaddy e-mail services, especially the cheap accounts they've been trying to phase out or migrate to Microsoft 365 are not reliable. 

If you need help migrating your E-mail to google or other drop me an E-mail: godaddy.down2017@datmail.com and I'll help you migrate (hourly rates will apply)

New

Re: Looking for a new email service

im searching for my options now.  Anyone use HostGator before?

Can not believe! Moving out!

We have been down all day in NZ, terrible for business. Still down now. Livered.

I manage 100+ godaddy email accounts across a dozen clients and needless to say we all had zero productivity today.  I had billable hours that didn't happen because I had to keep explaining why godaddy's email was down.  That's not my job.  I don't manage the email servers.  

It's 19:26 on Monday September 25th, 2017 and we have been down since 06:56 AM

We can only assume the worst; systems got hacked, user names and passwords compromised, trojans, ransomware....

If there was a power surge that blew up the site, they would tell us; that would have a solution path that is explainable.  If there  was any type of physical failure it would be reasonable to disclose that and provide a recovery plan.  I think we would at least deal with it.  

No news is bad news.   

Re: Cannot receive emails.

Its 10:38 pm EST and my email is still down. This is irritating and needs to get fixed asap. My business requires me to receive email

Re: GoDaddy email forwarding down, disgraceful response

I just paid my renewal for the whole year so I'm pretty upset about the email not working.  I'm trying to run a business and we are only getting messages intermittently including those involving orders key to our work. 😞  Hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow, otherwise I'm going to be trying to move services in the near future too.