cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spf and Dkim

Can anyone help me with SPF settings.  My domain is openrobotix.com and all of a sudden I am now getting the following error from gmail.com when I send messages.  

Remote Server returned: '503 5.5.1 bad sequence of commands 197si2522452qkf.239 - gsmtp'

So I've read that I must make changes to my SPF using the TXT feature at the domain setting page.  Made changes but not working, still getting errors.

Can you one help me with the TXT VALUE field.  (i.e., v=spf1 a mx include:secureserver.net ~all)

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: spf and Dkim

Hi @tiparrish. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Based on what I can find online, your domain currently has the following SPF record:

v=spf1 include:aspmx.l.google.com ~all

Based on the information I found in this Google support thread, you can try changing this to:

v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all

I'm not a Google product expert though. If this isn't allowing you to send email via Google, then I'd suggest reaching out to Gmail/G Suite support instead. Hope you're able to figure this out. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.