cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

whitelisting email addresses for Office 365

Hi

I need to get the addresses smtp@shopify.com and mailer@shopify.com whitelisted so that emails from my online shop do noy get sent to the junk folder. Microsoft were no help. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your issue may be solved by modifying the Sender Policy Framework (SPF) record for your domain.  Office 365 puts in an entry listing their server as the authorized sender for that domain.  Other servers sending as that domain --such as your shop's server-- may get sent to junk or rejected altogether.

Here is a sample SPF record.  It's a text record type.  The "xxx" numbers are what need to be the IP address of your server.  The last part is what comes from Microsoft, as of May 2017.  Modify your record and add in the "ip4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" part using your server's address.  Give it a little time to propagate and mail servers around the world should start respecting emails sent out from your shop.

v=spf1 ip4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx include:spf.protection.outlook.com ~all

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II

Here's what you do!

• Login to Office 365.
  • Click on the Cog icon top right.
  • In the drop down, near the bottom, select Mail.
  • In the left sidebar click Accounts.
  • Click on "Block or Allow".
  • Add the address you want to the Safe Senders and Recipients list.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Actually, you can." ~ Anon

Hi

Thanks for trying to help but I'm trying to get my shop email whitelisted from my end so that notification emails do not end up being marked as fraudulent when they arrive in a customers inbox.

I'm due to launch the shop soon and can't seem to solve this problem.

THanks

Steve

Your issue may be solved by modifying the Sender Policy Framework (SPF) record for your domain.  Office 365 puts in an entry listing their server as the authorized sender for that domain.  Other servers sending as that domain --such as your shop's server-- may get sent to junk or rejected altogether.

Here is a sample SPF record.  It's a text record type.  The "xxx" numbers are what need to be the IP address of your server.  The last part is what comes from Microsoft, as of May 2017.  Modify your record and add in the "ip4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" part using your server's address.  Give it a little time to propagate and mail servers around the world should start respecting emails sent out from your shop.

v=spf1 ip4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx include:spf.protection.outlook.com ~all

View solution in original post