cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Godaddy SSL renewal

Hi,

We have a Godaddy " Standard UCC SSL Up to 5"-certificate for our Exchange 2016 server.

It has been working well for quite some time.

Last month, we received a mail from Godaddy that our certificate was set to automatically renew. ("A new certificate will be issues after you have extended. But you need to check your account data").

(I am translating from dutch).

Afterwards, we got another godaddy email "Verification domain  administration is necessary. We have received a certificate signing request for these domains [..]."

We have confirmed this, and got a confirmation mail that are renewed certifcate is available.

Now when I go to the Exchange 2016 control panel, the exchange certificate (from Godaddy) is still expiring next mont. In the Exchange control panel, there is a "Renew" button, but what do I do with this certificate signing request that is generated there?

In the godaddy control panel, I can only download the new certificate.

Do I have to completely remove the 'old' godaddy certificate from my Exchange server and download and install the new certificate to my exchange server?

Thanks,

Thomas.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Godaddy SSL renewal

From some experience with SSL certs for websites, you normally do have to download/install cert when issued a new cert.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
New

But what about the current cert that sits on an external server? How can you download and install it simultaneously? Can you explain how this is done with no outage?

My wife (who is in no way educated in IT) runs a small website for an organization she is a part of. Their site is a billboard for potential members and a list of events. There is no way to transmit any info beyond a contact form. There is no payment portal al all. This is hosted at GoDaddy and uses their web builder tool.

She was cold-called yesterday by an employee from GoDaddy. During this call, she was told that in December, there would be a law requiring that all websites have to be secure and that no Apple IOS devices would be able to view insecure sites after January.

She then offered to sell this small non profit organization an SSL cert for a "one time low rate" of $48.99 rather than their usual $99.99. She also emailed her this article to back up her bull**bleep**.

https://informationxone.com So, GoDaddy is cold calling business customers and feeding them misinformation to try to sell SSL certs and HTTPS service.

Super User I
Super User I

@stu2 

In my experience, there is always a small blip when changing SSL certs due to replication depending on your website setup, especially if you are using CDN, but normally unnoticeable. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
Super User I
Super User I

@Adeelabbas7196 

I've never heard of GoDaddy cold-calling something like that. Almos sounds like a scammer phone call acting like GoDaddy, which sadly enough scammers are pretty good these days. 

@PL281 or @Nate , have you heard of GoDaddy CS cold-calling like this?

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

Super User III
Super User III

@Adeelabbas7196  & @davisdre317 

This definitely sounds like a scam as I've never heard GoDaddy doing this either. Also the Web Builder (Websites + Marketing) includes an SSL with it.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community