cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Ascension Theme - Way to have multiple gallery pages?

Is there a way to have multiple gallery pages?

When I add second gallery page and change the photos - it also changes them on the first gallery page.

If not with Ascension, is there another theme anyone would suggest for displaying drawings/paintings?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Ascension Theme - Gallery Issue

@SueG22

You can create as many galleries as you want! 😉   You just have to be sure that you are creating different galleries and then inserting the unique shortcodes for each.

Each gallery will have it's own shortcode that you paste into each new page.  

Does that help? 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

New

@Muse

Thanks but where do I find/insert the shortcode?

Super User II

@SueG22

Maybe I misunderstood?

With galleries you either use the built in gallery feature through the WordPress Media Library or you use a plugin.

In both cases the shortcode is created for you and either automatically inserted (Media Gallery) or if with a plugin (here are a bunch to choose from) on the plugin settings for the gallery you are creating.

Which option are you doing? 

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

New

Here is my site: http://suegraeffineart.com/

I am using the "easy builder" so when I add a new gallery page, it has the same pictures as the other gallery page.

I am new to this so not sure how to explain everything.

Thanks for the help.

Highlighted
Super User II
Solution

@SueG22

Not sure what the "easy builder" is....

Being you are on WordPress you can use a gallery plugin. to have as many galleries as you like.  Here is one that I use.

Plugins > Install New > NextGen Gallery

HTH! 😉

Judith

New

Thanks. This worked great.