cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic WordPress site on shared hosting runs super slow. Increase in resource level did nothing.

I have a WP website, pretty basic, mostly text and some images, that is running incredibly slow. DB size is only 4mb, P3 plugin profiler says that plugins are fine, but I've also disabled all plugins to troubleshoot with no increase in performance.

On advice from chat support (dude was more concerned with upselling than helping me, ffs), I upped the resource level from level 1 to level 3, which did nothing at all. cPanel CPU usage is still telling me that the account has been limited within the last 24 hours. 

I'm not sure, but I suspect that I need to upgrade from PHP 5.4 to 5.6, but I'm afraid that doing that will break the website.

Any help would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Employee
Employee

Re: Basic WordPress site on shared hosting runs super slow. Increase in resource level did nothing.

Hello @efcrawford!

Thank you for posting! Can you provide your site's domain so the community can have a look and see if there's anything that sticks out. It really looks like processes are the issue.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Basic WordPress site on shared hosting runs super slow. Increase in resource level did nothing.

Hello. I am having a very similar issue on a site that I am developing for a client. Did all of the normal troubleshooting but i am still having the same issue. Tried replicate the site with similar feature on a test DB with another hosting and everything runs fine. Any suggestions?