cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to WordPress unless it's through GoDaddy

Hi,

I'm trying to connect Jetpack to my WordPress account, so I can use the features it offers. However, it won't let me login unless it's through my domain name with /wp-admin at the end. I'm only allowed to install plugins if I login via WordPress.com but when I try, it says I don't have an account with them. I believe this is because it's all through GoDaddy.

Is there a way for me to still login or is it only through GoDaddy? If it's only through GoDaddy, then I have no choice but to cancel my hosting here and switch to Host Gator, which allows the freedom I need. I want to give GoDaddy one last chance before I'm forced to switch, but I really need to login and do things without a hassle.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Can't login to WordPress unless it's through GoDaddy

@AmusedButNot wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to connect Jetpack to my WordPress account, so I can use the features it offers. However, it won't let me login unless it's through my domain name with /wp-admin at the end. I'm only allowed to install plugins if I login via WordPress.com but when I try, it says I don't have an account with them. I believe this is because it's all through GoDaddy.

Is there a way for me to still login or is it only through GoDaddy? If it's only through GoDaddy, then I have no choice but to cancel my hosting here and switch to Host Gator, which allows the freedom I need. I want to give GoDaddy one last chance before I'm forced to switch, but I really need to login and do things without a hassle.

@AmusedButNot not sure I understand what you're saying. When you login to wordpress at the /wp-admin/ login you're logging in to your actual hosted wordpress site. When you login to wordpress.com that would be a site which is hosted on the wordpress.com platform, they are two different things. https://www.godaddy.com/help/getting-started-with-wordpress-5140

--

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can't login to WordPress unless it's through GoDaddy

Hi, @AmusedButNot. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

I think I understand your confusion. Jetpack is a WordPress plugin (as in made and managed by WordPress). In order to make use of it, you need to have a WordPress.com login. That's where it processes all of the various features and statistics that Jetpack uses. If you don't already have a WordPress.com login, the plugin should prompt you to create one when once you activate it. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.