cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Customising Scribbles Theme

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a few post pages on WordPress (I'm using the Scribbles Theme -http://www.thebabyvoyager.com) and couldn't find a way to do it so I opted for choosing categories instead (as per https://bobwp.com/how-to-easily-add-two-blogs-to-a-single-wordpress-site/) BUT the hero image then comes up with "Category: (Name of Category)". I'd rather not have the word "category" come up in the page.

Also, when I click on the menu button (for example, "Adventures at Home") it says "Nothing Found" rather than a Blogroll. 

What can I do? Is there anything I can do to resolve this? I'm very new.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Typically, when a WordPress theme is offered free of charge, it's a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) offering. Customization of the WordPress theme is up to the end user in the self-hosted environment. There are many themes you can download and use for free that offer no customization support because of this.

If you run into an issue like this, the best thing to do is a little research into CSS customization on WordPress themes or hire a professional to help you out.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hey @thebabyvoyager,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

If this is your first time working with a WordPress site, you may want to check out our Getting Started guide to help get introduce to some of the basics. Sounds like you might just be missing some of the basics (which happens). We all have to start somewhere. 

There's a few additional links in there to some resources for customizing your content. Much of what you're wanting to do you should be able to accomplish without major modifications to the theme files. 

Hope this helps.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Your response was unhelpful because it does not answer the poster's question.

Anyhoo...

Why develop a theme and not offer the customization support that folks are requesting?

For the life of me I cannot get my site logo to center on my site.  Can someone please help me?  Here is my website

www.yogadowndabayou.com

I'm so happy to see your website and that you were able to center your Header. That is exactly what I am trying to figure out how to do. Would you please let me know what you did to make that happen. You have given me hope! Thanks. 

It looks like your site has the header centered... Granted, your post is from 2 years ago, but I was wondering if you figured it out?

I was never able to fix mine...I had someone else do it for me....and paid for them to work it out!

Typically, when a WordPress theme is offered free of charge, it's a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) offering. Customization of the WordPress theme is up to the end user in the self-hosted environment. There are many themes you can download and use for free that offer no customization support because of this.

If you run into an issue like this, the best thing to do is a little research into CSS customization on WordPress themes or hire a professional to help you out.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

New

On my new site, www.safejungle.com, the Search box is so prominent in the header that I would like to replace it with html text instead to show something else.

Any ideas of how to add a widget or code to modify this area on the Scribbles theme?

New

Hi,

Can anyone familiar with the Scribbles Theme advise how to customise the blog, please?

Specifically. I'd like to show the full post, rather than just the first line and I'd like it to link to my Facebook page automatically.

www.updogyoga.life/blog

Thanks

Ric