cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Disabling the Editor function in Plug Ins and Appearance

Hello and please excuse my ignorance asking this question here.  First time user and no tech background...

I accidentally activated the editor function for both plug ins and theme.  I understand this poses a hacking risk.

What is the quickest and easiest way for a non techie like me to deactivate the editor function please?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can spell it out for a grade 2 student Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Disabling the Editor function in Plug Ins and Appearance

Hi @rpunia. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! In looking into this, I found you can disable the editor function for both themes and plugins by adding the following code at the bottom of your /wp-config.php file:

/** Disable Theme and Plugin Editor. */
define( 'DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT', true );

The first line is just a comment to let anyone else that has access to the file know what the line below it is for. You can leave it out if you wish. 

To edit your /wp-config.php file, you'll need to access the files for your WordPress install. For the majority of our hosting plans (other than Managed WordPress), this is done via FTP. For Managed WordPress accounts, you must use SFTP though. 

I realize that the above might not be at "grade 2" level, but this is a moderately difficult thing to do. Hope this helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Disabling the Editor function in Plug Ins and Appearance

I am needing to do this as well... worked perfectly