cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Fatal Error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data01/45/2859145

As you have seen in the title, I, as of now have a fatal error on my website upon entry. This is worrying because it happened out of the blue when I hadn't updated my website for the past few weeks. After that, I decided to update my blog and then this happened. I called up GoDaddy customer support and they told me that I would have to spend $80 or so on the WordPress Diagnostics and Repair Service. I want to find out if I can avoid those expenses and get the help from the community. My website and the full error is listed below.

Error:Warning: require_once(/home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data01/45/2859145/html/wp-content/themes/colormag/inc/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data01/45/2859145/html/wp-content/themes/colormag/functions.php on line 153

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data01/45/2859145/html/wp-content/themes/colormag/inc/functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_4/lib/php') in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data01/45/2859145/html/wp-content/themes/colormag/functions.php on line 153

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Advocate VI Advocate VI
Advocate VI
Solution

Re: Fatal Error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data01/45/285

Based on the message, it looks like the issue is with the Colormag theme.

Can you log into the WordPress dashboard? If so, try changing the theme to the default, such as twentyseventeen or whatever you have installed.

If you can't log into the dashboard, you can change the theme via the database. That's a bit trickier but it does the job. You can find various articles that go through it step by step. I did not see one in GoDaddy help, but other hosting companies have some instructions (GD moderator: forgive me for posting this link, maybe it means you should add these instructions to the help system somewhere!).

https://www.one.com/en/support/guide/change-your-wordpress-theme-from-the-database 

New

Re: Fatal Error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data01/45/285

Thanks for the reply, I will look it into it.