cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate VI Advocate VI
Advocate VI

GoDaddy Garage >> so many good articles

[OK, I start with full disclosure, I write for the Garage, and no one asked me to post this]

For those of you not reading it yet, you really should be checking it every day or two. https://www.godaddy.com/garage/

The articles are split into sections for SmallBiz, Pro, and Tech, and then sub-topics under that. For example, Pro is split into Design, Development, WordPress, Clients, Security. So many useful tips, tricks, hints, and just general good info for how to run your business or your website. When I first discovered it, I was spending hours reading and reading...

As much as I do love writing, I have learned SO MUCH from the other authors in the last year-plus. I try to make a point of checking it every single day to see what is new.

I have now answered a few posts here with links to articles (mine, but mostly not mine). Why? Because there's a lot of good stuff there.

In addition to very specific articles about detailed topics, there are updates on GoDaddy products (back when GoDaddy Pro was in beta, for instance), links to wonderful resources like SEO basics, or social media image size standards, or list of best/most popular WordPress plug-ins ...

I should also mention that if you think you might be someone who could write an article or two to contribute, you can contact the editors. https://www.godaddy.com/garage/webpro/clients/write-garage/ -- I have seen some really insightful pieces in this community already, and some of you should probably be getting the wider audience for all of your know-how!

5 REPLIES 5
Advocate I Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: GoDaddy Garage >> so many good articles

Agreed - the garage is a great place to get some good articles. What better way to gather content for your clients to share on social media than to grab some articles here? I'll be sure to head over and check out your articles Lisa and see what we can share as there as well!

By the way, did you see the articles created by this guy? Great stuff.... 😄  (shameless self promotion haha) https://www.godaddy.com/garage/author/jesse-fowler/

Follow along to get our latest small business marketing tips from our blog.
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

I'm putting together a special section in my client-support blog for basic techniques and tactics that are industry independent.  Can I use my rss-aggregator to include Garage articles into my blog?  The aggregator follows good curator standards by including links to the original article and maintaining authorship notations.  When I include an article I have a tagline section that I place above it so that my clients know why I'm recommending the reading.

Thanks,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is the aggregator copying the whole article or just an excerpt? If you're linking back to the source and giving appropriate credit, I think you're fine.

I tend to do a lot of manual curation on my own blog as well, though I usually clip out a quote from the article and provide some commentary around why I'm linking to it.

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

For these articles, I would use an excerpt.  My rss-aggregator always puts in credits and link backs to the feed from which I draw.  Having had some of my own worked ripped off and actually sold by another company, I make it a point to respect all copyrights and give credits to original authors.

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
Advocate II
Advocate II

I'm embarrassed to say that I was totally unaware of The Garage - but a quick scan reveals alot of great information over there.  I guess I'm not going to get much work done today...

Jackie