cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I

Godaddy Security Firewall causing intermittent 502 errors on Business Hosting

We have this random issue that has always has been happening for years with Godaddy. This week it popped up again and is still an issue. We can not name a new post , can not edit a woocommerce product and save, and can not save a newly created product. 

It send us here see screen shot.

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 11.04.24 AM.png

The tell me to Whitelist my IP which i have had whitelisted for ever. The tell me to Whitelist the path again which it is and to get back with them after I do that. When it already is!

This happens at random and then disappears and now it has lasted for several days. They say they have someone looking at it and they say they cleared a block and still nothing works.

Does anyone have any kind of real answers to this issue.

39 REPLIES 39
Getting Started

So, From last 4 days i have been encountering with http 502 error. I am using godaddy business hosting with sucuri ultimate security plan. I contacted sucuri they told me there is known issue from hosting side and they will fix it in few hours that was 4 days ago. I said okay, i kept waiting and waiting nothing is fixed. Then, i contacted again and they asked me what triggers the issue etc. I provided everything and since then there is no response. After being very patient i tried godaddy support yesterday. They assured me that my issue will be fixed within few hours now more than 15 hours passed. My issue is not fixed no one replying me either and call wait time is more than 25 minutes. I am godaddy customer from last 7 years and this is how they treat their customers i am thinking to leave godaddy for good this time. 

@rehanvempire69 

I am an end user like you so there isn't anything I (or anyone in the community can do to help) The only thing I can say is that depending on what the server related issue is, it can take more than the few hours to resolve - especially if they are test the fix to make sure it doesn't create additional issues. 

1) I assume you have a ticket number on the issue

2) As this is a server side issue, the support reps will only be able to read what ever notes are entered in an account

If they did not open a ticket, I would get a ticket open so you have something that is trackable and then see if they can get you a status update on it.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I already done that i have ticket no but no one is bothering to update me. And for few hours thingy they telling me from last 4 days that it will be fixed within few hours 

@rehanvempire69 

Unfortunately other than calling into / chatting with support and asking if they can get an update on the ticket, there isn't any other advise I can offer.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Same issue here. I have been waiting Since Last Thursday.

I was told Friday to edit my HOST file. Site is slow and issue is still here as of Tuesday Sep 8 10:29 am EST 

I have seen no update on my ticket since Friday.

As mention on another post this does damage post/pages/products.

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 10.13.30 AM.png

Getting Started

I am facing the same issue and surprisingly no one is fixing it! They say they having issues from their hosting side but they do not even bother to mention that in their system. They bluntly showing all system operational. SHAME ON THEM! 

Same here they told me to edit my HOST file to get around the problem but are not fixing the issue from what I can see. They told me to edit the HOST file and seem to have moved on. It is still there. So much for "enterprise hosting". Im about to test it this morning. but it has been a week.

Also my site since this started is REALLY SLOW maybe its not connected but it happened when this all started last week.

Well as of this morning it is still happening. It allowed me once but after that I only get the "Hosting Server Read Timeout" screen.

Helper I

Has anyone else had 502 backend errors while trying to access their wordpress site.  I am using wordpress business hosting with wordpress and elementor pro and keep getting 502 errors while trying to edit pages.  This has been unresolved issue for 5 days now.  What is causing this? Securi says its Godaddy issue but otherwise has no clue.

Jay

Yes I have had this problem since last Wednesday

I was told "they are working on it" (really?). Then I was told to edit my HOST file to get around the problem and use it like that. My site is also running very very slow.

I posted about it in the Wordpress area. Another person is having the same problem.

Only happens when editing or making a new a post or page, or a Woocommerce product. Kind makes things really difficult when I have staff working on Woocommerce all day long. 

Also the Woocommerce record gets damaged in many cases after the error, so now I have product entries that have partially deleted and damaged product pages I have to fix and repair. Sucks hard because we have some major SEO product pages being affected by this that we count on for business.

Wow, thanks so much for letting me know. I know that when I am having
issues like this that I am not the only one. I hope they fix this issue
soon, or I am headed to Kinsta for a Siteground business hosting solution!
It's a BIG waste of my time and money to work this way and have an
unreliable hosting solution. Go daddy is dropping the ball and my business
is being affected negatively when their hosting keeps failing again
miserably!
Jay

Last reply to my ticket was 15 hours ago telling me they are working on it.

I noticed the Firewall for my site says it is not activated I don't know why. It is asking me to activate it again but it seems like something is running so Im not sure what they are doing.

Godaddy really has no clue what is going on. My guess is that some piece
of hardware has failed and they are too slow in getting it replaced or it
is some issue with the Amazon servers which own Godaddy runs on. There is
not good communication from Godaddy, and they should apply daily credit to
customers for the number of days this issue has been going on. Now that
everyone one works from home the customer service has gotten worse because
Godaddy staff is worn out and does not care about their clients. I liked
it better when Bob Parson's was CEO. He got things done!
Jay

Indeed. I am thinking to move on too! time and money is wasted here. 

Our website is having the exact same problem. It started for us at about the same time, and I have lost page content as well when trying unsuccessfully to update an entirely different area of a page. This is beyond frustrating. We are a small nonprofit and our site is very dynamic, with lots of page and post edits/additions. One week with no resolution is completely unacceptable.

@ePrime71 @PJGal8510 @jasonsahli we all are suffering the same issue. A lot of publication is pending, posts have been partially deleted that need to be fixed. time, money and SEO is harmed here. And its a week now. 

I am having the same issue since friday. No resolution yet. Time and money and SEO efforts going to drain. 

any solutions on your end?

Helper I

Also the Woocommerce records and or pages/posts are getting damaged in many cases after the error. So now I have page/post/product pages that are partially deleted and damaged that I have to fix and repair. Sucks hard because we have some major SEO product pages being affected by this that we count on for business.