cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Going to Wordpress Dashboard Gives Me a Blank Screen

So I am trying to get started working on this site (nicos-ng.org), however when I try to go into Wordpress to do so, I'm met with a blank white screen. I've researched a bit into this issue and it seems like the main issues are because of active themes or plugins. However we haven't even begun working on this website yet so the only themes and plugins are the default options.

When I do get into the blank page, the url has the words "delete.me" in it so I'm not sure if somehow it got deleted but as I said before the website hasn't been touched yet so I don't know how that could happen. Going straight to the "url/wp-admin" yields the same blank page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ikeaoji 

I just went to the site and was able to get to the admin page without issue I suggest trying on private browsing window you may have to clear your local browsing/cache

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@ikeaoji 

The fact that you have a deleteme file referenced in the URL suggests you need to reinstall WordPress as it has been compromised - I would also check to make sure all the plugins / themes are updated - Finally if you are on a cPanel server I would check the other sites as well

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Hi @PL281, I just uninstalled and reinstalled Wordpress on the site and immediately when I clicked on the wp-admin link after reinstalling, I was met with the same blank page with a deleteme file referenced. It might be a different string of characters though. Would Wordpress be installing out of date plugins and themes onto the site? Because I haven't even been able to see the Wordpress admin panel as of yet because every attempt has given me the blank page. I am on a cPanel server with this site but I have another website with cPanel that is working fine.

unknown

@ikeaoji 

I just went to the site and was able to get to the admin page without issue I suggest trying on private browsing window you may have to clear your local browsing/cache

View solution in original post