cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With 2017 Wordpress

Hello, I've been having some issues lately.  Today though I am now unable to upload any media.  I disabled all new plugin add ons.  Don't know where else to turn.  No one talks on wordpress forums dot org.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Help With 2017 Wordpress

@lionbacker24,

Can you let us know what error you are receiving?  Uploading usually has to do with memory (a popular topic today Smiley Wink).

WordPress only allows 50M. So check the file size of your media.

Check your wp-config.php file to see what your memory limit is set at and increase it.  If not noted add this line to your wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

More info on this file and memory here

If it isn't memory it would help to know the exact error message you are receiving.  That will tell us what the issue may be.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Worry is a misuse of imagination." ~Unknown

Re: Help With 2017 Wordpress

I have same problem after being upgraded and migrated to new platform/server.  No media will upload.  For a pdf file or jpeg file the message is:  "Unable to create directory uploads/2017/04. Is its parent directory writable by the server?"  GoDaddy Support was unable to help, saying problem must be with my computer.  But I have never had this problem before the update a week or so ago.  There is another problem as well, but this is enough for now.