cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi! Please help me, I have so many problems with WordPress and don't know where to start.

Hey, so I just started to set up my new blog, but I've run into so many problems and the answers I receive are far too complicated for me to do myself. 

I have the following issues. 

1) Everytime I upload a photo I get a 'HTTP error'

2) I have received an email saying I have 'too many resources for WP to work properly'. I have no idea what this means. 

3) My gravatar profile doesn't load

4) I don't know my WP username and password. I have to use 'clef' to sign in. I need to know this as the theme I wish to use also doesn't work. The support team for that theme needs my logins...

I have spoken to a GoDaddy chat agent and she was super helpful. I really want to speak to someone again but chat is always offline. 

Please help me! This is all doing my head in. The answer I have received about the HTTP error was way too complex for me to even understand what he was saying. 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Hi, @worldofahimsa. I'll see if I can touch on each of your concerns:

1 - HTTP error: This is a tough one. I've seen this many times (at GoDaddy and other companies). Unfortunately, it can be caused by a number of things. Most often I see this related to the amount of PHP memory that's available in the hosting environment. To address this issue, try adding this code to a .user.ini file in the root directory of your website. If you don't have one, you can simply create one. (Based on your other points, it sounds like you may have a cPanel account. In that case, the root directory is likely /public_html.)

memory_limit = 256M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_vars = 4000

2. Too many resources: As I said above, this makes it sound like you have a cPanel account. All hosting plans have resource limits, but cPanel allows you to see what they are and upgrade them if you find you don't have enough. This article explains what the limits are while this one explains how each affects your account. Lastly, this article explains how to upgrade resources

3. Gravatar: Unfortunately, there's too little information here to suggest a possible solution. When you say it doesn't load, what does that mean? The more information you can provide, the more likely someone will be able to give you a possible solution. 

4. WP username and password: Clef is a pretty great plugin for managing user authentication. If you want to give someone access, you can just send them an invite using the option in your Clef settings. However, if you don't want to do that, you'll either need to disable Clef and provide the support staff with your login (or create a new one with admin access), or set up Clef's ability to override logins.  If you want to recover your WordPress username and password, please see this WordPress article.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Don't let the Stress defeat you. I have many issues, questions, lack of knowledge about all these topics also.