cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change text on continue reading button, Primer theme

Hello

I am running godaddy hosted wordpress, Primer theme. After the excerpt of each post, the button below it reads "continue reading." How do I change the text field on this button? By which I mean, make it read "listen now" instead of "continue reading"? It's a podcast site and each post is an episode.

I searched for the phrase "continue reading" in the style sheet, and every other function file. Nothing turned up.

Looking for advice. Thank you in advance!

J

4 REPLIES 4
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: How to change text on continue reading button, Primer theme

Hello.

Ussing File Manager you must navigate to ../wp-content/themes/primer/templates/parts/loop/post-excerpt.php

Edit post-excerpt.php , on line 14 you will find this:

php printf( esc_html_x( 'Continue Reading %s', 'right arrow (LTR)

I hope this will help you. Good luck.

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

Awesome!

Does Godaddy have a default file manager for managed wordpress? I can't find it anywhere on the hosting pages. Do I need to download a file manager plugin?

Looks easy from there 🙂

Thank you!

JB

Update:

I downloaded a file manager plugin and navigated to the postexcerpt.php

CAREFULLY replaced "Continue Reading" with "Listen Now." Didn't make a mistake there.

When I returned to home, the button was replaced by a long "parse error" code. I quickly went back and made the exact change from "Listen Now" back to "Continue Reading." No luck, the button was broken and an error code replaced it.

I should have snapshotted the error code, but I was panicked and quickly went and restored a backup of the website.

Also, for what it's worth, altering that code deleted all but my most recent post. Strange effects.

Thought on this problem? Thank you!

J

Helper VI
Helper VI

You should only replace ONLY the Continue Reading text and maintain the ' on the same place.

If you want I can make those modification for you. Feel free to contact me with a private message and send me your Skype ID so I can contact you.

EDIT

CAREFULLY replaced "Continue Reading" with "Listen Now." Didn't make a mistake there.

Remove the dot after "Listen Now"

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.