cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Jetpack install failing even after deleting destination folder

Hello there,

Somehow my Jetpack installation got corrupted and it when i tried installing it again it gave me an error that the Destination folder still exists. I went ahead and deleted the Destination folder through my FTP client. But even now I am getting the same error that the destination folder still exists. I checked the Plugins folder both in WP and through the FTP and it doesnt show the Jetpack folder at all. Any idea whats going on please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@electricearth12 

My only thought right now is if you still get an error message that destination folder already exists - that you try to disconnect from FTP and re-connect - perhaps it isn't showing the current state of the server - Also do you have cPanel or a server side file manager that you can double check it?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@electricearth12 

Can you post of screen capture of the FTP to show the plugins folder

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

JetpackBug.jpg

@electricearth12 

My only thought right now is if you still get an error message that destination folder already exists - that you try to disconnect from FTP and re-connect - perhaps it isn't showing the current state of the server - Also do you have cPanel or a server side file manager that you can double check it?

View solution in original post

Turns out the problem was with Filezilla as you said. IT wasnt showing the current state. I logged into my GoDaddy account and deleted the folder from the File Manager. Jetpack installed after that. Thanks for the advice!