cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Managed WP or Hosting?

Hello everyone!

I have a quick question about Managed WP and it'd help me a lot if I can get some proper answers to it.

So, to start off, I currently own Deluxe Hosting and host WordPress site with about 10 - 30k daily views, and about 50 - 100 people active on website most of the time.

Problem is that 512 MB memory usage is constantly getting pushed to the limits and I constantly have to look at resources and kill all PHP processes when it doesn't get down by itself.

Now I have option to upgrade my resources but I don't really like this thing where I constantly have to watch out these resources, and that's when I found out about Managed WP.

Now my question is if it's true that the only limit is monthly traffic?

I know there may be other limits but are they that easily reachable as they are with web hosting, do I have to worry about them at all or anything else I should know?

I really love features that Managed WP offers and would like to have it, but I don't want to have same problems I'm having right now, I'd rather upgrade and watch out over resources than have the same problems as I'm having right now.

I'd appreciate it very much if someone is able to help me with this question, it'd really help me out a lot.

Thank you. 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Managed WP or Hosting?

Hi @5traX, welcome to the community.

I recently had to migrate a high traffic WP site, that was being hosted on a cloudserver, and I chose the Managed WP Developer plan. But, it didn't work.

Although from visits the site didn't reach the 800k/month (they count it as unique IPs), the performance drop was terrible. The site rounds from 100-150 online users most of the day, but (being a news site) it reaches peaks of 500+ users online when news are published.

So I had to move it back to the cloudserver, so it could be still accessible and had to switch to a VPS.

From chat, the agent that I spoke with, told me that the Developer plan could take the traffic that my client's site was getting. However, it performed way too slow for my client's expectations.

So if you can afford it, I'd recommend to move to a VPS.

If you can't afford it, you may want to try with the managed WP, but don't cancel your current hosting plan. That way, you can try the WP plan and if you're not satisfied, you can ask for a refund on the managed WP, and still keep your site. If the managed WP works for you, then you can cancel your current hosting plan, and keep the managed WP.

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo 🙂
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution 😄
New

Re: Managed WP or Hosting?

Thank you for your response, I've heard countless stories of that kind and that's why I'm worried about Managed WP, and the thing that they never wrote anywhere what are the resources of Managed WP Server, just that it limits traffic.

In the meantime, I upgraded my hosting to Level 3, haven't had problems since the upgrade but it's been only few hours since upgrade, so, will have to wait more to check for problems. 🙂