cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

My website is very very slow and frequently using all limits.

It is maxing up all the resources usage. It is a pretty basic website and I have spent a lot of money speeding it up but all in vain. Website it self runs very fast when limit isn't reached. It has only 1.5 mb size and I am using wp super cache as well. But not sure why is it throttling. I also disabled plugins one by one but couldn't figure out. 

Please test it for me. I want to launch website ASAP. (there is no traffic on site yet) .

https://www.thehowlcity.com/

Customer# [removed]

Please look into this for me.

====Resource Usage Overview

Your site has been limited within the past 24 hours

CPU resources were limited for your site

Physical memory resources were limited for your site

I/O usage resources were limited for your site=====

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: My website is very very slow and frequently using all limits.

Hey there @howlcity ,

Thanks for participating in the community!

The reason your site is running so slow is that it's a highly unoptimized WordPress site. Check out this report from GTMetrix on thehowlcity.com.

• Your page size is too big. Standard WordPress site optimized from speed should have a page size no bigger than 1.5mb. It's preferable to have that at 1mb or less
  • Your images aren't optimized
  • You don't have expiry headers
  • You're making too many http requests

Basically, there's a lot of work to be done here. You can check out this guide, as it may be able to help you, or you can contact a developer.

Hope that helps!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Hey there @howlcity ,

Thanks for participating in the community!

The reason your site is running so slow is that it's a highly unoptimized WordPress site. Check out this report from GTMetrix on thehowlcity.com.

• Your page size is too big. Standard WordPress site optimized from speed should have a page size no bigger than 1.5mb. It's preferable to have that at 1mb or less
  • Your images aren't optimized
  • You don't have expiry headers
  • You're making too many http requests

Basically, there's a lot of work to be done here. You can check out this guide, as it may be able to help you, or you can contact a developer.

Hope that helps!

* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

View solution in original post

Highlighted

after IP address changes on my Panel all website becomes very slow and sometimes stop working. I asked many time to support team but no help. can anyone suggest me please.

Highlighted

The website is just 1.79 MB. And if you will open up my home page you'll see there is no image larger then 200x200.

Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

Hey there @howlcity ,

I've been building and deploying WordPress sites for over a decade.  I'm telling you that your problem is the optimization of your website. This is free advice. It's not my site, so I can't make you take it or anything.

I do wish you luck. I hope you correct your issues soon. Have a great day!

Highlighted

Don't try to make us fool. 

last 8 years everything was running fine and now you are talking about optimization.

If you don't have technical knowledge then don't come on community. 

Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

Hey there @Ashutosh_soft,

Here's how my site runs. I host on GoDaddy. Just sayin' I might know what I'm talking about. And it's not a small site. It runs over 40 plugins at this speed and some of them are pretty resource heavy.

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 7.03.50 AM.png

Good luck with your website!

Highlighted

Hello Everyone.

Website slow issue solved now.

I just purchase a new server and hosted everything on that. and everything is working fine.

Last 2 months i wasted my time with Go daddy Support Team.

Basically Go Daddy Server not working properly on Shared hosting like before.