cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Trying to connect Ulysses and any other third party blogging app, get error

I am trying to connect Ulysses to my blog and get an error: "failed to connect. please verify your blog URL". Same error happens when I try to connect any other third party blogging app. Quick Google search showed the issue is the treatment of XML-RPC by Go Daddy. Has anyone experienced anything similar and how can this be fixed? Go Daddy online chat app is offline for the last two days and I cannot get any help from them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@pbattisson 

I'm curious, and you may have already checked this, but is XML-RPC enabled on your cPanel hosting? You should be able to check by logging into your cPanel installation, going to Select PHP Version, and checking to see if the XML-RPC extension is turned on. I know it may seem simple but I've seen people miss it. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @stasyunya

Welcome to our forums! I'm not quite familiar with Ulysses, hopefully one of our other community members can chime in and help you out.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Did you ever get a resolution on this? I have also been trying to use Ulysses to no avail

@pbattisson 

Can you give us a bit more information on what you're seeing? I'm not familiar with Ulysses but it looks like a third-party app for blogging. 

I guess the big question would be exactly what are you trying to do and what steps have you taken to do it?

* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Hi Joe

Its a writing app, there is an option to connect to a custom hosted Wordpress site (i.e. something on GoDaddy and not Wordpress.com). I have supplied the URL and login details but it says there was an error. As mentioned previously it looks like GoDaddy have not enabled some feature or that it is locked down. IU was hoping someone could give an official response.

Thanks

Paul

More details around the XML-RPC issue can be seen here https://ulysses.app/kb/wordpress-rate-limiting

@pbattisson 

I'm curious, and you may have already checked this, but is XML-RPC enabled on your cPanel hosting? You should be able to check by logging into your cPanel installation, going to Select PHP Version, and checking to see if the XML-RPC extension is turned on. I know it may seem simple but I've seen people miss it. 

View solution in original post