cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WP CMS vs GoDaddy WP CMS

Has anyone been able to pull over or access the full developer version of WP while logged in via GoDaddy? I'm not seeing some of the key functionality for setting things like tags and titles, and other behind the scenes custom adjustments that are key for SEO. Any suggestions??

6 REPLIES 6
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @AJMSite17, are you using a version of Wordpress that you've installed on a cPanel or Plesk hosting plan, or are you using the Managed Wordpress hosting option?  If you can let us know the answer to that question, we can get you some more information to try and answer your question.  Thanks.

MPC

I'm using the Managed WP option right now.

Hi - any insight on this yet?

Hi @AJMSite17

Managed WordPress should be running the standard, most recent version of WordPress. I'm able to see tags and categories, but they've moved under the "Posts" menu item. Is that what you're looking for? Also, you might need to check your Screen Options within a given WordPress post at the top of the screen. The drop-down there will let you enable or disable some post elements for editing. If that's not what you're referring to, a screen shot or two of what you mean might help us understand. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi - I'm referring to editing CSS and html directly, not the blog tags. How can this be accomplished, and do you recommend a particular editor or FTP? And are there directions posted on how to best manage that process?

@AJMSite17 I see. So you'd like access to the actual files. In that case you'd need to connect via SFTP. My client of choice is FileZilla and I usually use Notepad++ to edit. You can find your account SFTP details by following the steps in this article:
https://www.godaddy.com/help/sftp-ssh-and-phpmyadmin-credentials-8940

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.