cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Wordpress Theme with Gradient Background and png overlays

Hi All, I am looking to build a page for my new business. As I don't have masses of time to dedicate to it at the moment, I want a super simple page.

This is what I am after

• background radial gradient, going from a lighter colour inside to a darker colour outside.
    • This can be an image if that helps.
  • blocks to add .png (or other images with transparency) over the top of the background.
    • effectively to add my logo and custom images to the centre of the page.
    • If this can include animated gifs, that would be great.

Is there a theme that can do this? If not, any advice on how I might achieve this myself? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@FinngrimStudios 

In general, WordPress themes are more about layout -- not the specific visuals -- like gradient backgrounds. 

So what you want to do is look for a theme that has the homepage layout you desire.  Theme demos load up the homepage with all the possibilities layout-wise via widgets or blocks.  But you don't have to use them all. 

What you describe should be possible with most themes (you just would not utilize all the widgets/blocks in the demo). Then, you should be able to change/add a background image that is a gradient via customizing the CSS (or creating gradients via  CSS -- more on CSS gradients here). 

As far as blocks over the top of the background -- that's what WordPress widgets/blocks do.  If you don't want a widget area to have a background color and be transparent, you would again look at the CSS to make that change as well.

As far as gifs, that's not controlled by a theme either.  You upload your files to your media library and insert them where you want them to display.

Does this help? 😉

Judith
"Actually, you can." ~ Anon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

@FinngrimStudios 

In general, WordPress themes are more about layout -- not the specific visuals -- like gradient backgrounds. 

So what you want to do is look for a theme that has the homepage layout you desire.  Theme demos load up the homepage with all the possibilities layout-wise via widgets or blocks.  But you don't have to use them all. 

What you describe should be possible with most themes (you just would not utilize all the widgets/blocks in the demo). Then, you should be able to change/add a background image that is a gradient via customizing the CSS (or creating gradients via  CSS -- more on CSS gradients here). 

As far as blocks over the top of the background -- that's what WordPress widgets/blocks do.  If you don't want a widget area to have a background color and be transparent, you would again look at the CSS to make that change as well.

As far as gifs, that's not controlled by a theme either.  You upload your files to your media library and insert them where you want them to display.

Does this help? 😉

Judith
"Actually, you can." ~ Anon

View solution in original post