cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wordpress Admin log on is making me cry.

Hi Everyone !

I have a domain and my son installed WordPress on it.  Yay. It used to work fine. My problem is, I have since gotten a new computer and can't remember any of the details like 1: what email I had him use to create my admin login,  2: my admin password...  ugh..just ugh.

I tried the password reset thing but 1: The reset mail doesn't ever show up and 2: i'm not even sure that is the account my kid used to set it up.... Smiley Sad

It's not the greatest site, I have been ignoring it for a long time but now I want to get it going. He doesn't remember what he used.  

How can I reset that information without deleting the files and reinstalling (which would make me sadder than I already am.  I don't want to be sad!) ?

Can I do it via my hosting panel (it's being hosted on GoDaddy)?

Any help is appreciated. I realize that at one time I was smart enough to create websites but now...it seems like not so much...

Suzanne

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: wordpress Admin log on is making me cry.

@willowreed,

Well you may be a bit rusty building sites, but you did do something right, you have your site hosted here and that means you can phone support and they can help you reset your password..... hopefully, fingers crossed.

Phone numbers are :

https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

Chat is Arizona local 5am - 7pm Mon to Fri

And if they can't help, please come back to me and I will see if there is anything I can do.

Don't be sad............. Smiley HappyHeart

By the way, knowing your domain name would help a lot Cat Happy

Hi  

I forgot to put it in there:  musicandmorsels.com    

Thanks!

Suzanne

Helper I

@willowreed You can change it from control panel. Would you like me to walk you through it?