• VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Community Team

Bookmark This: Resources for Developers

Bookmark This is a collection of useful links curated by GoDaddy Community members. In this thread we're collecting resources for developers. All developers. This includes front-end UX artisans, back-end database-wrangler, or full-stack-superheroes.

What's this all about?

You've likely come across many useful (or at least interesting) resources over the years. Maybe you've saved these to an ever-growing library of browser bookmarks. Or maybe you clipped the links to your favourite note-taking app, like OneNote or Evernote.

While these links may not be super-useful to you right now, they may be exactly what other members are looking for. So why not share them, and get some Kudos in return? 😉

How do you contribute?

Just reply to this topic. Be sure to include a link to the resource and a brief explanation of why you’re sharing it, or how it's useful. Tools, articles, guides - everything is welcome.

Don’t forget to Kudos!

Like something that another member has shared? Give em’ some love and Kudos their post.

Rules of the Road

Don't post affiliate links and respect full disclosure. It's absolutely fine to share something that you, a friend or family member is working on, but please give everyone the heads up if that's the case.

Senior Community Manager, GoDaddy Pro
    Need help with your account? Find 24/7 support at x.co/247support
    Browse our articles for website designers & developers on the GoDaddy Blog.
    Do you build websites for others? Join the GoDaddy Pro partner program.
    Follow @GoDaddyPro on Twitter for helpful tips, useful links and exclusive updates.
    1 REPLY 1
    Advocate IV

I'm experienced in HTML/CSS, but am still learning how to code. I've been using freecodecamp.com for hands-on coding lessons. They offer certifications in front-end, back-end, and full-stack development, and LinkedIn will count those certifications for University credit, for what that's worth. It's a relatively new service, and they add modules all the time.

w3schools.com is indispensible; I keep them open in a tab whenever I'm coding because their search feature is fantastic.

Everyone has their favorite text editor. Notepad++ is fantastic, but I personally use Sublime. Technically it's a free trial, but the payment is not enforced, so you can keep using it after. 

I'm also in love with codepen.io , a playground for HTML+CSS+JavaScript. You can install Bootstrap, animate.css, or a cadre of JS frameworks (including JQuery and Animate) with a few clicks, then start coding and see how it will look. Again, I'm sure there are other playgrounds out there, this is just one I really like.