cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

500 - Internal Error message

Hi - I am transferring an asp.net site over to GoDaddy. All files have been uploaded, but I am getting the generic Server Error 500 -Internal server error message with no details. I have modified web.cong with the following code 

<configuration>

<system.webServer>

<httpErrors errorMode="Detailed" existingResponse="PassThrough"/>

</system.webServer>

</configuration>

And turned off Custom Error mode on Hosting Settings (as was recommended in this article

https://www.godaddy.com/help/get-detailed-errors-16085) but am still getting the generic error.

Anyone have any ideas on what else I can do? 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hey Dean,

A few things come to mind:

1. Recycle your application pool to make sure your web.config file have taken effect: https://www.godaddy.com/help/recycle-your-application-pool-16131

2. Make sure your web.config file is in the right location. I'm not 100%, but if you have a Plesk hosting account, I think you need to have the file in the web root for the domain (which is one level down from the root of the hosting account itself).

View solution in original post

Thank you so much. DId both and now the site is running! Much appreciated!

Sorry, I guess I want clear enough, copy and paste this:

#Rewrite to www
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTPS_HOST} ^dowelltaggart.com[nc]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.dowelltaggart.com/$1 [r=301,nc]
~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com

45 REPLIES 45

Hey Dean,

A few things come to mind:

1. Recycle your application pool to make sure your web.config file have taken effect: https://www.godaddy.com/help/recycle-your-application-pool-16131

2. Make sure your web.config file is in the right location. I'm not 100%, but if you have a Plesk hosting account, I think you need to have the file in the web root for the domain (which is one level down from the root of the hosting account itself).

Thank you so much. DId both and now the site is running! Much appreciated!

I can´t seem to find this option when I click on manage......please help

i have transfer my website to godaddy. But can't be preview.

Kindly adv what is my problem? Thanks

Appearead error as below:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Web Server at 888pokerstars.net

What does the error log stat? Go to cPanel and towards the bottom you will see 'error logs'.

It could be a cache issue, a permissions problem with the folders or files, htaccess misconfigured, or a PHP timeout. The error log would help narrow the solutions.

~ eVersatile

hello eVersatile,

i have written the htacces file like:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php [QSA,L]

but still i am facing problem this same file is working well on Shared hosting but i have uploaded same shared hosting website to virtual private server dont know why its not working 

i one directory i have all android services and when i am trying to access that services it showing me internal error 500

please help me out

Solution for 500 error while installing Wordpress is in permission of the folders. First check and make sure that your Public_Html is set to 755.

Internal Server Error

No response from subprocess ( (cpanel)): The subprocess ended prematurely because it received the “KILL” (9) signal.

cpsrvd/11.58.0.19 Server at a2plvcpnl3364.prod.iad2.secureserver.net This is the error that i look on my website, why?? 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Web Server at bombayprintingusa.com

I could really use some help.  I am attempting to build a connection string that will connect to my MS SQL database.  Here is the scope.  I have no issues connecting to the database from either my PLINK panel or remotely using MS SQL Server on my workstation.  So I know the database name is correct, the user name is correct, and the password is correct.  When I use the below web.config page it produces a 500 Server error when ever I attempt to load any page on my website.  If I remove the Connection String part then the website pages are accessible so I know the connection string is causing the error.  I have removed the Login Name and Password and replaced them with XXXXX's.  

Does anyone have a sample of a connection string from a web.config file they could share so that I could figure out the syntax error problem?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  And after being on a live chat with GoDaddy support for over three hours I am sure the solution would be valuable for anyone else developing in ASP.NET

My web.config ------

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>

<connectionStrings>
<add name="ConnectionString"
connectionString="Data Source=184.168.47.10;Integrated Security=False; Initial Catalog=RedRock_database; User ID=XXXXXX; Password=XXXXXX; Connect Timeout=15; Encrypt=False; Packet Size=4096"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>

<system.web>
<compilation debug="true"/>
    <authentication mode="None" />
    <customErrors mode="Off" />
</system.web>

</configuration>

i have the following error randomly Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or bad configuration and was unable to complete your request.

Web Server at eat.ps

When i deployed plain HTML page it is working fine. When i publish aspx page using visual studio the system is throwing this error.

Server Error In '/' Application

I have set trust level as full in web.config. Its a simple hello world application in ASPX page. no complex code.

I have same issue, Guys - Any help is highly appreciated..

Thanks

Hi

I have been running a booking system on a word press site for many months without any issues, today I am getting lots of reports of failed bookings and internal server error screens while trying to make bookings. We have made no changes or updates and the plugin ( appointment booking calendar ) has worked faultlessly until now. Is godaddy hosting / servers experiencing any errors atm or can anyone suggest what I can to to fix this issue?

I have using Windows Hosting (Plesk), and install WordPress app.

But when add Plugins or Themes in WordPress, it's usually getting error: 500 Internal Server Error

- or

PHP Warning:  An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server&#8217;s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the <a href="https://wordpress.org/support/">support forums</a>. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in G:\PleskVhosts\datnenquan2.net\httpdocs\wp-includes\update.php on line 130

- or some error about connection to MySql.

How to solve this issue.

Hello,

I have been seeing the following error message multiple times for my website, which is hosted through GoDaddy. I believe it is a server issue, but why does it only happen with my site? Some insight and assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

---

Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

Apache Server at r3chiropractic.com Port 80

I have a big problem with mi web www.petsecuador.com. 

Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

Hey people,

I have my website iamkevinsequeira.com and have created two sub domains within it:

getintouch.iamkevinsequeira.com and videocourses iamkevinsequeira.com

Both have an index.html file, however on videocourses iamkevinsequeira.com loads.

getintouch.iamkevinsequeira.com gives the following error: 

500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Could someone help me understand this problem?

Hi,

i have purchased new domain one week before but its constantly show error message Internal server Error every 3 to 4 mint then again refresh page and its remove. plz check this screenshort 

https://www.screencast.com/t/QMa0UgK65Z

i have go through your all posts and follow what they are guide but still no success. kindly check my domain whats the issue 

i hope you know about my domain its leadzworld.com

Thanks 

New

Hi we are on dedicated server but not managed and getting this error. We are using woocommerce in our shop and note that we should have PHP 5.6 but we have 5.4 on our server.

The error we are getting when trying to generate an PDF invoice and it's working on my other server so I think it's due to PHP.

I've been told we can update PHP ourselves using EasyApache from version 2.2 to 2.4 - but if we do this will it reset our server? I just want to update PHP but keep everything else (files, email, db etc) as it is.

How do we do this?

Thanks