cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
malikhunzala13
Getting Started

Can't acquire lock for app: flaskweb

Hi , i just got into GoDaddy Hosting and through cpanel i deployed my flask app. 
I installed my modules through python script as i was not able to connect to ssh.

There seems to be many issues with godaddy

i cannot manage my hosting plan i dont know why iam getting this error .

malikhunzala13_0-1587406706145.png

secondly i'm getting this error 

Can't acquire lock for app: flaskweb

I cant edit, delete , run script don't know why

Another issue. I turned ON SSH connection through my account but still i'm not able to connect through ssh.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MrVapor
Super User 2020

@malikhunzala13 

Most likely you are on a shared server which doesn't allow you permissions at the root level.

In order to do what you'd like to do, you'd need to get a VPS or Dedicated Server where you control the root environment as server admin. Then you should be able to upload whatever you want to your server.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MrVapor
Super User 2020

@malikhunzala13 

Most likely you are on a shared server which doesn't allow you permissions at the root level.

In order to do what you'd like to do, you'd need to get a VPS or Dedicated Server where you control the root environment as server admin. Then you should be able to upload whatever you want to your server.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post