cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Cannot Log in to cPanel different IP address has changed Need to add security questions or new IP

I have always logged into cPanel from my home laptop thru Orbitel. However, I am traveling and trying to log in using my Wi-Fi hotspot from my phone. The IP address is different and cPanel won't let me login.

I emailed cPanel and they said I need to add security questions or add the new IP address. I cannot find where I do this. Please advise..

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Cannot Log in to cPanel different IP address has changed Need to add security questions or new I

Hi @buddy2buddy, thanks for posting.

That message is usually caused by your browser not saving cookies or the cookies being removed while your still logged into cPanel. You might want to check your browser settings to ensure that cookies are allowed, or try another browser or computer.

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
Solution

Re: Cannot Log in to cPanel different IP address has changed Need to add security questions or new I

Thank you for your response. I changed my cookie settings in my browser and the IP was white listed by GoDaddy Hosting Support. I was then able to log into cPanel. However, there was an immediate prompt that the session was ending. I clicked cancel to not get logged out. I then clicked PHP my Admin and was immediately logged out.

I spoke with cPanel and they said my security settings and cookie policy needs to be changed.

Cut and paste from an email from cPanel support: below:

Thank you for the details provided, following up on our phone call, when reaching out to GoDaddy, find out if you have access to the server via WHM as we would need root or wheel user access. I would want to check cookie IP Validation.

I do not know what WHM  access is. Currently, I cannot access my website database since I am traveling.

Any comments would be appreciated.

can you provide me an email for cookie setting