Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Deluxe Web Hosting Linux needs cPanel

Hello,

I have multiple domains/hosting. Some very old. The oldest one is listed as:

Deluxe Web Hosting Linux

One has an option to use cPanel. It is listed as:

Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel

I am here to confirm whether or  not I have to backup, cancel/remove the hosting and re-order.

I would like to simply have the cpanel added to the account without doing that

Hope I made sense.

Cheers!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User III

Unfortunately there is not a direct conversion.  Eventually support will be moving legacy plans to the modern cPanel.  But if you need it right now the quickest way is to migrate on your own.

View solution in original post

Actually I figured out a loophole. It was really daunting considering I had 9 sites in my Deluxe Linux but what I did is moved them over to another account I have. Then I cancelled the hosting and reintalled it and  it was a cpanel this time.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III

Unfortunately there is not a direct conversion.  Eventually support will be moving legacy plans to the modern cPanel.  But if you need it right now the quickest way is to migrate on your own.

Did you ever get directions on how to make the switch?

They'll be moving plans over in batches, but unfortunately there isn't a way to know which batch you'll be in or how long each batch would take.

Actually I figured out a loophole. It was really daunting considering I had 9 sites in my Deluxe Linux but what I did is moved them over to another account I have. Then I cancelled the hosting and reintalled it and  it was a cpanel this time.

Thank You both for reply, I did realize your solution Bobby when Nate confirmed you had to do it yourself.