cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

General, from scratch, web-site development and a little point me in the right direction please.

Hello all,

I come and go to the hosting area of my GD acct infrequently.  I'm heading into a phase where I expect to be in it alot.  but things have changed in the last few years.

I've recently converted my hosting GD account from Wind/Plesk to Linux.   I'm not sure if doing that caused the limitation or just plain "obsolete things get dropped" but there is no more ASP support. 
I do need database storage - previously I used the "bigboy" MS-SQL. 

Now there's only MySQL or....?

What is/are the supported "server pages"  now?    Is PHP the only one?

Can anyone point me at the very basic guidance of where to find the Database access area once I'm logged into GD?

Are there  web development frameworks available? 

Sorry if these questions seem to be SMHs.  I've made attempts to move away from the ASP/VBS/JS framework in the past and had a bear of a time with it, stepped away from it in frustration and now intend to attempt a tackle again.  I'm entering the kitchen but not sure how all the new tech works together (best).

Finally, I'm curious how this user: https://www.godaddy.com/community/Building-and-Managing-a-Website/Transfer-a-website-from-local-comp... can just plopZilla  their web-site onto the hosting account and have nothing more to do than just pay the hosting bill?  Did the responders assume that the person is only uploading HTML?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Helper V
Helper V

Re: General, from scratch, web-site development and a little point me in the right direction please.

@rokosz,

There are a lot of PHP Frameworks!, and so you choose according to your requirements...

----->CakePHP

----->CodeIgniter

----->Zend Framework

----->Symfony

----->Yii

----->And, many more...

If you don't have development time!, or if you want to get started quickly;

----->Content Management Systems

_____WordPress

_____Drupal

_____Joomla

_____And, many more...