cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fcmarquis
New

Laravel 1 minute delay sending email from cPanel hosting

Hi,

I easily send instantaneous emails from my Laravel app when running locally. But when the app is hosted on Godaddy (delux linux + c-panel package) using the following credentials (as suggested by Godaddy, I can't get rid of this 1-minute delay in receiving the message.

MAIL_DRIVER=smtp

MAIL_HOST=localhost

MAIL_PORT=25

MAIL_USERNAME=

MAIL_PASSWORD=

MAIL_ENCRYPTION=

I also tried sending using sendmail driver and get same result.

I am using the g-suite email services and have checked with google support that the mx records are ok. Webmail is also normally quick.

Please help 🙂

1 REPLY 1
rd
Super User 2020 Super User 2020
Super User 2020

Hello @fcmarquis and welcome! The good news is (as near as I can tell) there is nothing wrong with your configuration. If it worked without issue last week and you have not made any configuration changes then it should continue to work for you. Personally when I'm using G Suite email I take advantage of the one minute email pull back but I'm the type to really need that feature.

You indicated that your emails still send but now there is a delay that is abnormal to you. I am sure you know that recently there has been a huge work from home spike? I can't help but to wonder if server utilization is working to introduce such a slow down? In my own environments what was plenty last month is sluggish this month. Do you think this could be your issue or have you identified a different culprit?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head