cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Memory Usage And I/O Usage Is Maxed

I have been using Godaddy's hosting for almost a month now. In the beginning everything was normal. But after probably 13/14 days I started seeing memory and i/o maxed all the time. Especially when I post something using wordpress. (Note that wordpress is installed on my subdomain) [Example: subdomain.example.com]

https://goo.gl/BK5EFL

8 REPLIES 8
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Memory Usage And I/O Usage Is Maxed

@AaShahriar

Since you mention you see this when posting to WordPress check the WP memory limit.

Look at your wp-config.php file and see if a memory limit is declared.  If not try adding the following to the very bottom, but just before the “happy blogging” line:

define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Also adding caching, scaling images and minimizing scripts and CSS can reduce page load as well.  Various plugins are available to assist in those efforts.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

I sorted out the memory, I/O problem. But now my processor maxes out! And I get the 500 Internal Error only when I'm trying to post something new on the blog. But I don't get the error if I am publishing new page on the blog. Just in case of new post! Can you help me with it?

Thanks in Advance.

Highlighted
Super User II

@AaShahriar

Every WordPress install is different.  I would look to see if you have any potential conflicts.  I have a tutorial on that here.

Then I would also check to make sure the site has not be compromised by scanning for malware that may be using resources in the background without your knowledge.

If the 500 server errors persist, you should then contact GoDaddy support for assistance.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

Capture.PNG

Super User II

@AaShahriar

The graphic is not displaying for me to see what it is you are trying to show... Smiley Sad

Judith

Super User II
Solution

@AaShahriar

So no malware.   WordPress themes and plugins can be resource intensive.  Does the same happen with the default WordPress Twenty Seventeen theme?

My next suggestion was to contact GoDaddy and see if they can help determine what is going on. 😉

Judith

Thanks....worked like magic...:)