cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

MySql on cPanel

I created a db from cPanel but I need the HOSTNAME to access the data. Previously, on my classic hosted, it used to be in this format
name.db.1234567.hostedresource.com

Am unable to find any such info on cPanel.

Am also unable to connect to the db from MySQL Workbench

7 REPLIES 7
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: MySql on cPanel

Hello.

It is localhost

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
Helper VI
Helper VI
Solution

I see that you have not reply, maybe you thought that my answer was a joke, so I prefer not to use the "edit" function and to do a "double-post" in order to get your attention.

On the linux hosting plan with cPanel the database address is "localhost" as you can see here: https://uk.godaddy.com/help/find-your-database-hostname-23889

I hope this will help you 🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
New

Hello Adrian8

Thanks for your reply! I didn't reply cause I was away since I posted question. Later on today I will test and let you know.

THANK YOU
New

Hi Adrian8,

thanks for the info and link: used both to find a solution.

SQL Server Connection Strings

Hi All,

Having a nightmare here trying to get this thing to connect!

I have a MySQL Database with GoDaddy and cant seem to find my connection string details anywhere!?

Also is the Used ID the user id of my godaddy account or is it for my Id for my "Privileged User" of my database?

Thanks all 🙂

MySQL - lower_case_table_names

How can I set lower_case_table_names  to 1 on mysql server/database?

Thank you.

New

I am having the same issue.  I created a database from cPanel but need the hostname to access data.  Previously, the hostname was "mysql.domain.com".  I see that Adrian and the link have "localhost" as the hostname.  Does this mean, I delete "mysql.domain.com" and, in its place, insert "localhost"?  This doesn't seem right to me.