cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Separate web hosting and mail server (CPanel)

Currently I am having problems with email service on the same host as my website, so I decided to move whole email server to another linux DigitalOcean server but keep the domain name?

My current hosting uses CPanel, how do I host email server on my DigitalOcean Linux Droplet and how should I configure Domain Zone Settings so mails are still pointing to the domain name?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@kreinafine2 

You would need to setup an @ record for something like "mail" pointed to the DO droplet and then update your MX record to mail.yourdomain.com 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@kreinafine2 

You would need to setup an @ record for something like "mail" pointed to the DO droplet and then update your MX record to mail.yourdomain.com 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post