cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to move my website MobileFun from A2Hosting

Hi,

I have a website MobileFun.Pk hosted at A2Hosting. I want to move my website to Godaddy hosting but I want to know few things before I make my mind. 

1. Will I get free service to move my website from A2hosting to Godaddy hosting?
  2. I have php script installed on main site i.e www.mobilefun.pk and then I have a forum script installed at .pk/forum and a WordPress blog installed at .pk/blog, will Godaddy consider this a single website? or it will be considered 3 websites? 
  3. If I make a subdomain like for example sales.mobilefun.pk, then it will be still one website? And can I still host main site, forum, blog and subdomain at the economy package which support only 1 website? 
  4. Can I host SMF forum script (mobilefun.pk/forum) and a main php script on Godaddy's Managed WordPress hosting?
  5. If I get the SSL certificate, can I use https:// with the complete website? I mean with forum, blog and the main script? Or it is only for the main domain which is a php script?

Kindly guide me on above 4 points so that I can make my final decision what to do and what not to do?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Want to move my website MobileFun from A2Hosting

Hi @bukharifaran,

To answer your questions:

1. No, the service to move your content to us is not free. If needed, it's a paid service. 

2. That would be considered one site.

3. A sub-domain does not count as a site. So if you add a sub-domain you can still use our Economy Hosting.

4.  We don't support scripting, so that would be a question you would want to call in and ask our hosting team.

5. A standard SSL just secures your primary domain. If you want to secure your blog, forum etc you will want to purchase a Wildcard SSL. 

If you have any additional questions please reach out to our support team.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Regarding the first answer, on Managed WordPress Hosting, I have tried it for 3 months and it allowed me to transfer my website (not the one mentioned in my question) from Fatcow to Godaddy with just a single click. It asked me only to provide the admin details of my WordPress site.  So if I buy the WordPress hosting, will I get the same service for my site MobileFun.Pk ?? 

Regarding SSL, where can I find more info about SSL Wildcard? 

Thanks for your response. 

Hi @bukharifaran

If you purchase our Managed Wordpress hosting, there is a migration tool that you can use to automatically move your content. Check out the article here. Also, here is more info regarding our Wildcard SSLs. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support