cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website - Error_Connection_Reset Site cannot be reached

I've been suffering with this for two days. My Godaddy Linux cPanel hosted website is now dead. I have zero access. Initially this was intermittent but now it's stopped completely.

Support are unable to help as they can see the website from other locations globally. I'm in the UK and my internet is fine except for my GoDaddy website. Even cPanel has issues from time to time and that has connection errors but that appears to be ignored by support as a contributing factor.

I need a working website that works for everyone, everywhere, not everyone except the UK!

Support suggested going to my ISP. That's a waste of time. The internet is up and working fine. Broadband is fine. It's going to be a network issue somewhere in the route between here and Godaddy in europe (the hosting is not in the UK from the traceroute). The ISP is going to say "it's not our problem" and they are right.

I'm forced to find an alternative hosting that works. Looks like at least a few others on this forum have experienced the same issues but without sensible solutions yet.

This is not the "exceeding your expectations" support that GoDaddy proudly boasts on their call waiting system.

9 REPLIES 9
Super User IV

@jasonmfarrow 

Could you let us know what is your domain name? 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

http://jasonmfarrow.com

Note: I've used a VPN to appear from France, Denmark etc, and the site does load. Without the VPN I get nothing. I also have FTP, and HTTP access going outside of a browser and they fail, ruling out browser issues. 

@jasonmfarrow 

So just to recap - You are in the UK - Server is in the Europe Datacenter - You are not able to get to it from your own IP, but you are from a VPN - and I just got to it from the US.

That all being said, are you able to ping the server and get a reply?

Are you able to get to it via a mobile connection vs your home/office internet connection?

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

I can ping my server (& DNS resolves correctly).

I can Traceroute my server but there are multiple timeouts in the hops. Response is still ~25ms.

I can access my website through a VPN.

I cannot access my website via my ISP (PlusNet). All other websites & services are fine.

I cannot access my website via my work mobile (Vodafone UK)

I can access my website via my personal mobile (three.co.uk)

I've got two redirects setup via cPanel these work and redirect traffic to my replacement site.

Hence, you see why I believe that this is a network issue.

@jasonmfarrow 

Ok this is a strange issue - 

1) the multiple timeouts on the hops I wouldn't worry too much about, some networks do not reply for security purposes

2) You mentioned the redirects - So just to confirm you have domain XYZ.com which is on the same cPanel account as your primary domain and those redirects are forwarding correctly

3) can you get to jasonmfarrow.com/cpanel?

4) can you get to https://n1plcpnl0095.prod.ams1.secureserver.net:2083/ 

1) ok.

2) The redirects are to somewhere else but they are still jasonmfarrow.com/something.

3) No.

4) Yes.

@jasonmfarrow 

Ok since you were able to get to cPanel with the last link this 100% says it is not with the server itself.

Can you get to http://www.jasonmfarrow.com/readme.html if so this would then suggest that there is something with your WordPress installation 

If it were a Wordpress problem, then something must have changed by Godaddy because I've not updated it for a good few weeks. Other services which I had running, which were not Wordpress, and even straightforward .php and html access, along with FTP, were not working.

I've just loaded the page now and it's back. I have made no changes. Nothing I said to Godaddy to identify the problem, and I have a fail background in IT of all shapes and sizes, convinced Godaddy to do any decent investigation. GoDaddy were not in the least bit worried or concerned.

They have my money but they did not bother to maintain my custom. They will not be getting a renewal. 

@jasonmfarrow 

I'm sorry that was your experience - I am an end user like you. Sometimes it is hard to narrow down an issue like this - I've had it where I restarted apache and it solved all the issues I was having, but couldn't tell you what was causing the issue.