cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

cPanel email problems - MX Records

First, let me state that I have been in contact with support.  First with email support who determined that I needed to talk to domain support which did stuff that didn't work.  Email support tried to transfer me to domain support and after 25 minutes in listening to the god-awful choppy sounding hold music (note you can't elect no music when they transfer you), I hung up and called support again, this time selecting domain support.  I got through after about 5 minutes.  SO as I was saying, I waited while domain support played with MX records and then pronounced it fixed.

It wasn't fixed so I called back in later to domain support and spoke with someone who said all of the changes the first tech made were correct so I would need to talk to hosting support since it was a cPanel email account.  They also transferred me, and again I sat listening to crappy music for 20 minutes before hanging up and calling support back and selecting hosting as my option on the phone menu.  Hosting then looked around at MX records and pronounced everything kosher and told me to wait 24 hours.  Guess what, everything wasn't kosher.

So anyway, the problem is that I had an email address which was on a workspace email account.  Due to a massive price increase and a reduction in mailboxes (which GoDaddy tried passing off as a 'good thing' in their announcement in email) I decided to use the cPanel email which is one of the 'features' that they claim when you buy hosting.  So anyway, this email address was still pointed at the workspace account and the initial call to domain support was supposed to change MX records to point it at the machine that deals with the cPanel email, or at least that is what the woman I talked with in domain support said.  I assume she was doing something during the time she put me on hold.

GUess what, the email account still can't received emails from outside of GoDaddy. I can setup Outlook which sends a test message and life is good.  I log into any account from outside such as Gmail or my UNI account and the mail never shows up.  It bounces back with 'recipient not found' .  The recipient is quite clearly there but the machine trying to accept the message is smtp.secureserver.net.  Gives me the idea that someone didn't point something to the correct place.

Now to be fair, I am using a hosting account with a main domain name and this email address is for one of the addon domains.  I have two addon domains and the other addon was working fine until yesterday, then it stopped, then it started and now it is stopped.

The longer I have been with GoDaddy, the worse the service has become, upto the point where I have been slowly tranferring or dropping domain names and I would probably drop hosting but I have paid for it through 2019 already.  One tech had the audacity to tell me that they don't really support the hosting email and that I should think about paying the 10 prices for workspace email again.  If they don't support cPanel email then someone needs to stop hyping it as part of the hosting packages.

Anyone have any suggestions? [Removed]

39 REPLIES 39
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: cPanel email problems - MX Records

Hello @kfunkjr!

I'm sorry you've had such a difficult experience with us. What you should have been told on the first call when the MX records were originally changed is that those changes can take up to 48 hours to take effect. I think that may have kept you from needing to call in so many times. That being said, DNS settings should have taken effect already so, if you're still having issues, they may not be correct.

Please review this guide and make the necessary changes to the MX and CNAME records that pertain to email within it. If your problems persist 48 hours after you've made the changes, I have nothing further to suggest than reaching out to our support team again. Again, I am sorry you've had this much trouble getting this going.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Hi i cant seem to setup my cpanel hosting account it keeps saying that it's going to send me an email, but there's still no email is sent to me up until now. Any help?

Hi,

I have my domain registered with godaddy.

Initially I changed few mx records to host my email with google email client.

Recently, I purchased godaddy shared hosting. Now I want to use godaddy cpanel email.

What are the changes has to be done in godaddy mx records?

I have tried changing various options as suggested by some community posts, but still I am not receiving emails.

I also don't know how to raise a ticket with godaddy. I can't find any option.

Kindly help

regards,

New

cPanel servers will not allow you to send email via SMTP without authentication. There is also the possibility that SMTP Tweak is different on both servers, so you might want to check that. Go to Home >> Security Center >> SMTP Restrictions and try toggling the setting.

@MKBME wrote:

I have the same issue. PLEASE HELP! I cannot make businness like that! 

The error emssage for the sender says:

550-Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client.

Phone-helpdesk could not help at all....:-( 

I am looking for this location... could not find one...

New

I even have to same problem and i even talk with godaddy support after wating around half an hour in the queuee and i even make the changes in mx record as per them and i have been told that i have to wait up to 48 hrs but after 48 hr also problem is same i can't able to receive mail form other mail server though mail were sent from my end and reached at the destination, so anybody can help on this issue. 

iv had the same problem for three days, cant seem to find a solution

I am having similar problems.  Support said that the server was down (for entire day)????

Please email me so that I can start accessing my webmail once again.  Site down also.

Customer Number

New

I have same problem ... NOT receiving e-mails !!!

Customer #:154590451

I have the same problem

Hi,

I was having a similar problem. Got a hosting with go daddy and it said I can get up to 1000 emails with a100Gb storage along with the package. I did the setup and the emails were ok. I was able to send/receive within a couple of minutes after I set up the MX.

However, at times, I was informed by outside parties that they were unable to send me emails, and it was rejected with the below error (noting that most of the time I could successfully receive emails with no issues.)

Message not delivered
Your message couldn't be delivered to xxxx@xxxx.com because the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for more information.

I contacted godaddy support (by phone from outside the country, as their live chat is RARELY available).After talking to them for around 20min, they informed me that since I created my emails with cpanel, that they had very low priorities, and that it is normal to have emails not delivered to me!!!

They suggested I go for the 3$ per email solution!!! and that their hosting solution is only reliable for hosting websites and not emails.

I think godaddy should mention in the package that their email service that comes in the hosting package is UNRELIABLE. It's a shame that godaddy is, in a way, scamming their customers.

I was told that you can either use cPanel or godaddy's workspace email but not both at the same time.

You can only point to one MX Record at at time, so either you are pointing to godaddy's smtp.secureserver.net or your own domain address.

The guide you suggested did help, however I would like to add in what worked for me. You have to put all of the settings into your DNS records in both sections "Mandatory" and "Optional" minus the SRV records. As well as, remove any existing mail settings. I did this and my CPanel email works perfect!!  It would help if GoDaddy customer support techs would tell us that over the phone, instead of just sending this link out to us. That is the only support we need. No need to refuse to support the cpanel email.

New

I am a new customer and I am experiencing the same problem.

I have called tech support three times and on each occasion been given the same (slightly changed) excuse for no email deliveries: it can take 24 / 48 / 72 hours for the MX records to be corrected blah blah lie lie blah.

I have never experienced such appallingly poor tech support anywhere else.

The call wait times are ridiculous as well.

This problem is just not being addressed.

Way to lose customers, GodDaddy. Your company is s##t.

New

Hi, 

Am having issues with my email destinations. I have a linux hosting Cpanel emails as well as the workspace email on my godaddy account. I want all mails to go to cpanel emails and not the workspace email. Kindly, guide on how to achieve this.

Thank you.

We are facing issues with Emails in Cpanel. We used to have 20 employees and now we have only 7 people. We are small web and mobile app development company. We recommend GoDaddy to our small business customers now they are causing more problems. We are not able to reach Gmail, Yahoo or any domain. No bounce back so we are not sure if the customers get email or not. 

Customer services pushes us to buy the email. Now we have more than 8 -10domains with our customers servers all hosted here. I am not sure, if they will value the business we get for them. We will have to work on options to move from Godaddy. We are PRO sellers as well, we dont have answers from support other than buy paid emails. We are not in a position to buy email boxes, we have customers using godaddy. We may move away from this services if i dont get answers to fix emails, not even bounce mails. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. They say it is included in the domain name and hosting.

CAN SUPPORT REPLY and FIX THIS OR ESCALATE this for us?

We are having exactly the same problem please tell us what should we do

We were informed that the subject has HI in it. So your mails were listed spam. 

They cant provide much support on why this happens? They informed 3 weeks back you were blacklist and we can unblock you. We don't even send 1000 mails a week(rough numbers). This is killing us, no bounce mails no nothing i have to use Gmail to reach my customer. Totally not professional, we are recommending GODADDY but we cant even use their product????

Support is anyway watching this space to respond to us?? We are losing new clients...

It looks like Zoho offers a free email hosting plan - https://www.zoho.com/mail/ - Zoho might be a good solution for now as I am running into the same issues with my cPanel emails in GoDaddy

I do not think Godaddy is reading all these responses because it is causing us more problems than good. 

I have sent several mails and calls, yet no positive response on how to resolve my email issues.

So BAD of Goddady

Helper I

HI I am a GoDaddy Pro (expert)

To answer your question - you can use both email in the workspace and the panel at the same time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For questions please contact me here or at office@kolboisrael.com. PS  I am doing this as part of a voluntary service and I am not working in support, so please -

1) only positive language.

2) If your issue is complicated, then I will offer paid services at some point. 

Website Expert, GoDaddy Pro, IDX Pro, Social Media Expertise
Helper I

To answer your question - (see answer below).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For questions please contact me here or at office@kolboisrael.com. PS  I am doing this as part of a voluntary service and I am not working in support, so please -

It is very difficult to tell why your Cpanel email is not working because principally, you share that space with your website. So if your website is malfunctioning, this will affect the mail because the server will fall. If someone sends mail when your server is down, you may not get it. You can monitor this by signing up for monitoring. Then you will get notices when your website falls, why, downtime, analysis about visitors etc. You will probably find out why both are not working proper;y/ Besides that it is not hard to configure the email. The only other problem that I can think of is this. When you configure your mail, that is not the end of the story. You need to go in and pick one of the three services to receive mails. Until you pick a free service, you may experience problems as the mails bounce from service to service. Try that. 

Helper I

To answer your question - You cannot open a ticket for support here. You need to explain, which hosting do you have. What the problem is. 

Helper I

These are read.

Helper I

To answer your question - (I am sorry but I don't know which hosting you have and what the exact problem is. 

Helper I

If I understand correctly you are holding 8-10 customer domains on your C-Panel? If this is so, this is against the terms of your service. That may be why you are not getting service, just saying. If on the other hand, you are a PRO as you say, then you should know the answer. Bounce back is determined by your email software. You can see everything there. If you have 8-10 hosting plans, then call the dedicated PRO hotline and ask to speak to the PRO rep. if you aren't getting answers. I personally think that GOdaddy is the best that I have seen. My customers ask me to use many plans and this is the best for them because it is the best for me. 

Helper I

To answer your question - fits, delete any email addresses that you opened in the workspace and then open them in the Cpanel and add to your email software simply. How do you open inside L:inux? You simply press the email button instead of the installation button. Set up your mail and don't forget ate the end to press "more ". There you will find 3 free email services. Choose not to check that you configured properly. Also note that emails and your websites share the same space. Hope that this helps. 

Helper I

Glad that you solved your problem. Hint: the next time that you call, put in your customer number and choose "hosting" instead of tech support. First of all they are designated to understand hosting, the techies may not, also they answer within 3 minutes max. Good luck. 

Hi people

I've had the same issues this week with CPanel email and can share my knowledge and solutions.

Firstly, GoDaddy does not support free emails that are available in CPanel - don't waste time trying. According to GoDaddy hosting support, they're apparently there "so server administrators can communicate with each other internally and should not be relied on for sending external, business email" and if we want to send trusted emails, we would have to pay for email plans.

Because free emails are not supported by GoDaddy, they are not authenticated. This means there are no DKIM, SPF and DMARC TXT records added to your DNS zone to tell other email services that the emails you send them are legitimate, spam-free and not spoofed. Without these TXT records in your DNS, companies such as Yahoo! will simply reject incoming mail from that domain and won't even give a bounce back message/error, as they're deemed "unsafe". I tried calling GoDaddy hosting support team to see if they or I could add DKIM records and unfortunately I had to speak to an inexperienced support rep that did not know what a DKIM record was - I had to explain it to him - and he refused to pass me on to somebody that did know!

After more investigating, GoDaddy will not, under any circumstances, add these records for you and you cannot add the DKIM record yourself, as it's in two parts and one part has to be stored on the email server and the other part stored in the DNS zone. You can add SPF and DMARC yourself but Yahoo alone requires DKIM records before emailing any of their users. This is no doubt a calculated move by GoDaddy to force people on to their paid email services.

I recently purchased a GoDaddy Ultimate hosting package (£15/$21pcm) and it only comes with 1 email address, which isn't available under My Products section, so will have to call and beg for it!! It's not really an "ultimate" hosting package when you allow me to host unlimited sites but only give me 1 email address. For my business to work, I would have to spend £15/$21pcm for my hosting, as I'm doing, but spend an additional £40/$56pcm on email accounts!!! This is wrong!!! For £55pcm, I can hire a managed VPS/cloud hosting package elsewhere, have unlimited email accounts and add the DKIM records myself!! Paying this much each month for my small, startup business is not acceptable at the moment, so I quickly went looking for alternative options.

I discovered Zoho Mail (https://www.zoho.eu/mail/), who offer free business email plans and can honestly say they are amazing and is very simple to setup. Free accounts are limited to one domain name only but you can have up to 25x 5GB email users with 20MB attachments without paying a penny. At Zoho, email accounts like sales@, accounts@, info@ are not classed as "email users", they're classed as "groups", which are free, so I'm only actually using 1 email user for myself (martin@mydomain.com) but have 5 groups that I manage. This is a really neat way of managing email accounts. You can tell Zoho which users can send/receive from these group accounts.

What's also neat about Zoho is their range of mobile and desktop apps for managing emails. You can't access emails with IMAP/POP (Mac Mail/Outlook etc) unless you're a paid user (£1.50/$2.13pcm), which is quite cheap comparing to GoDaddy, but for me that's fine for now while I establish my business. They have web mail and apps, which is fine. There is also a great API that allows you to create/delete accounts and send/recieve mail - in fact, yo can do everything with that API - you could even build your own mail client for your business. There is also a partnership program for selling email packages with a possibility of earning revenue, which combined with their API is very interesting for web designers.

Setting up with Zoho was easy. They give you the relevent TXT/MX records to add to your DNS zone, which includes SPF and DKIM records so companies like Yahoo will accept mail, and nothing had been considered spam so far when I send outgoing emails to them. I was fully operational within 2 hours of signing up too but obviously DNS propgation times are different for everyone. I strongly recommend ditching GoDaddy email for Zoho.

Just to summarise; CPanel emails are unreliable and will never work as business email. Either pay GoDaddy for professional email packages or go elsewhere for free email like I have.

Helper I

Hi Mummy Novice, 

It seems to me that you are a marketing manager for this other free mail company. No free mail company can offer you what a paid protected email can. GoDaddy’s prices are the best when you start adding on to your beginner website.

Also people need to understand the potential.  Yes, GoDaddy’s email plans are not free but they are in line with GoDaddy’s vision of marketing strength and security for businesses. I am positive that your plan doesn’t cover these two areas. 

In addition, I dont think that it is proper to use this forum to market someone else’s products. As a Pro, people contact me from the forum. I give them real advice. 

True the Cpanel is not a good idea for two reasons. 1) I think that the general IMAP of Cpanel is a failure. GoDaddy doesn’t own CPanel. 2) Everything is mixed together in one server. So there are technical and security failures. I think that this was more than anyone anticipated. So I suggest that you buy a GoDaddy email plan and use it to find more customers securely. 

"As a Pro, people contact me from the forum. I give them real advice." - what does that even mean in regards to my post?!

No, I'm not a marketing manager for Zoho, or anybody else for that matter! Thanks for the laugh. You could be a marketing manager for GoDaddy for all we know and everything you write is influenced by a sales team. Let's stop making daft assumptions and silly remarks because that's not what "pros" do.

If GoDaddy wants to check my support history and Cpanel activity (customer id: 51550036), they will see I'm having these exact issues and it's not all made up for the sake of marketing another company. I've been with GoDaddy exclusively for 6+ years with multiple hosting plans and many domain names.

I discovered Zoho because somebody mentioned it before me in this thread - go and cry to them about marketing because they sold it to me. I took their advice, it worked out for the best, and I'm sharing it here for the community that really need free email addresses that'll reach ALL recipients and cannot afford GoDaddy's or anybody else's paid services.

And, yes, this is the right forum for sharing my issues and experiences regarding setting up free email on GoDaddy hosting. The majority of people looking at this thread really need free, authenticated email accounts for their projects because they cannot afford to do anything else, and they will come unstuck/lose business when trying to implement Cpanel email accounts. Instead of moving their whole product range to another company in anger, they can simply use a free email provider instead and stay with GoDaddy for hosting and everything else.

I will happily try GoDaddy's paid email plans when my new business makes enough revenue to afford £55($78)+/month for a 1xCPU, 1GB RAM shared hosting account with a few additional email accounts - I would prefer to keep all my services in one place at the end of the day. GoDaddy's prices are not the best, despite what you may think.

To make my post less about Zoho and more about implementing free email that works, you can also check out MailGun.com. Slightly different setup and features, but still free, authenticated email that reaches all recipients. And why not check out MailJet.com, who also have free email packages.

If money is no object to your project(s), by all means GoDaddy's professional email solution is a great solution.

New

Hi Team,

My domain name is http://www.surani.in.  I am using godaddy CPanel emails.

For one of email Id is not working properly. 

I am unable to send emails from 'sales@surani.in', while I can receive email on this.

I have initiate this conversation 3-4 times with godaddy team and done all the steps which was communicate to me. But we are unable to resolve this issue.

I am writing you with all the hopes, that you will resolve this email issue.

please help.

Helper I

Hi this is Bat EL, GoDaddy Pro. I dont work for GoDaddy but I happy to help. You can also leave your phone number. 

I am guessing that your port for outgoing mail is not configured properly. 

1. Which mail application are you using?

2.Did you try going to the mail account and see what the instructions are for your mail application?

3. Did you try going into the mail application and choosing horde or one of the others  and then sending  a test mail from inside the CPanel? Does it send properly?

4. When you set up the mail did you chose IMAP?

If all this doesn’t work, please send me the answer to number 1 above along with pictures of the entire setup. Example - incoming mail and advanced ports etc. and same for outgoing. 

Let me know and all the best of luck, 

Bat EL

Helper I

I hope that you received my message. Contrary to popular belief or mean trolls, CPanel is not a GoDaddy product. All these companies run on CPanel but they set it up to look differently so you will not realize it. GoDaddy prefers secured standards. So I am willing to help you out but understand why customer service does not support that email function. Anyone can hack in and read your mails principally if they know a little coding. Please send me the error message also if you get one. 

Hi, 

Are you implying that the Workspace e-mail is more secure than the cpanel email?

Highlighted

Hello...

how owe do I rectify blocked emails ...  cants send emails out

thanks 

Helper I

Excellent question. I will broadly cover solutions to many types of causes. 

Try the following solutions first. 

Specifically for @ pst tomowo - Most likely the answer is #5. 

1. Write to places that you send emails to and ask them to ask their system administrator to add you to accepted email addresses. 
You may  sending to places with a higher security blocker. 
People who administer their own emails like Gmail, Outlook or Apple Mail can mark you as *Not spam. 
2. Try not to send email campaigns (marketing) thru the CPanel. You may include a word or a large size image or link which usually triggers firewalls to block.  Then your email address will always be marked as spam.
3. Call the Godaddy tech team and ask them to look at your domain and the GoDaddy configurations to see what is causing the error and why you are being marked as spam by numerous places. 
They should do this for free. If the support person cannot help, ask for a specialist. This should be free as well. 

What I am doing for support is to pose the technical problem in an easy and relevant way for them to understand. Sometimes it’s not what you say but how you say it. 

4. Return to me after writing down what happened during 1 and 3 at least. Also 2 by option. Please write down any technical words relating to what they checked and why that was not the answer.  I prefer not to give instructions to the support during their first attempt to solve this issue. It is a common issue and they should be able to solve it. 

5. Also it may be because of a link to your website. The support will charge you for outside support.  I can solve this frequently and not charge you for my service whatsoever.

Bat El News- 

I will be updating my Pro Profile. Anyone who wants to be added to my list of Professional Clientelle can get my direct online tech support and quick, free technical advice on many subjects.  I will send you an invitation to be added through the GoDaddy system. 

Simply, send me an email to BatEL@kolboisrael.com and write Professional Client in the subject area. I will respond within the GoDaddy System.  

Beware of people posing as Pros who do not work within the GoDaddy system. 

Note to Developers you can also add yourself as a client and get helpful advice without fear of me hijacking clients. 

Helper I

I am not implying anything. I am stating fact.

I am facing similar problem. I can't able to receive mail form other mail server though mail were sent from my end and reached at the destination.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Customer ID is 184214400 

Helper I
Solution

That problem is quite common. I have had that problem as well. 

Go into your Mail account configuration. Go into the account information or preferences. 

Start by following the directions for setting up your Mail account sent by GoDaddy. 1. Check that your configuration exactly matches the GoDaddy choices.

2. Change ports

2. Check that your username and password is correct. It should be the complete email. 

3. Check or uncheck any boxes and set them according to the GoDaddy account. 

4. If that doesn’t work, go into GoDaddy Mail from the Internet. If that works, then it is your Mail account. If it doesn’t work call GoDaddy support and ask them to help you fix the problem. 

5. No luck, contact me here or at Batel@kolboisrael.com