cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webplus x7 and c panel

Hello ...I am wondering if anyone here uses the Web Hosting with C panel and also the software package Webplus to create their websites ...For an extended period of years I have used Go Daddy's Web Hosting with Linux and successfully uploaded to Go Daddy using Website publishing to upload the files to Go Daddy but for the past two days I have tried and failed to do a successful upload in the new C Panel hosting that I have switched to.   I have the x7 version of Webplus. If there are any forum users who do use Webplus and C Panel hosting  I wonder whether you are doing anything different from adding the usual standard details that need imputing for a successful upload when publishing with a third party ie Account Name, ftp address, Port number, User Name and Password plus the website URL, Every time I have tried to publish I get a message coming to the effect that although to user name is being recognised the password is not and therefore will not allow access to the server - thank - you in advance for any suggestions

3 REPLIES 3

Are you able to access the root directory (or public_html) with a regular FTP client?

thank-you for your interest in my problem - I am unsure what you mean by a regular ftp client - I did directly upload the file of the single page website I have created to an entirely new domain I had purchased to use as the primary/root domain for the new c panel hosting as advised to Go Daddy tech support  but even after it was moved to the correct folder the website won't open when the URL www.idlethoughts.uk is put into the google search bar-  A  drawback of Webplus has always been that it creates files with its own brand of suffix .wpp - when I upload from the builder programmme these are then opened by Go Daddy's hosting and displayed as html files but I cannot access the individual html files on my computer - converting the wpp file to html via my hardrive for assist with uploading corrupts the file too much - so a site like Filezilla is not really of any use in this instance 

Filezillla is not a site, it is an FTP client.

We can move on to diagnosing why your site won't display once the files are properly uploaded.

What would be helpful for me to solve your issue would be to know one thing right now.

Are you able to connect to your site, using the same credentials you used for webplus x7, with FileZilla?

Here is why I am asking:

Every time I have tried to publish I get a message coming to the effect that although to user name is being recognised the password is not and therefore will not allow access to the server

If you can connect to the site via FileZilla and not Webplus, you know that it is a problem with Webplus or that you typed your credentials, port number, or server incorrectly. If FileZilla fails, then it's probably a problem with the server, login name, port number themselves or that you have the wrong password entirely.